. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Balasz is already informed
    I had the same problem and accepted the virus had til now no problems

Why I bother with that, was happily used mach3

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...9a8f/detection
    Last edited by Tom J; 06-02-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karangetang View Post
    Balasz is already informed
    I had the same problem and accepted the virus had til now no problems
    Now we have Feb 2021 and still there are 3 trojan in exe file ?
    Last edited by Tom J; 07-02-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    Now we have Feb 2021 and still there are 3 trojan in exe file.
    No that isn't correct and I have the answer to why you are seeing these false Trojan results. However, I can't post the answer until I have permission from Balazs, which I'm sure he will give when he replies to my email.

But in the meantime don't worry there is NO TROJAN or virus in UCCNC.exe
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

False positives are fairly common from the AV companies which are focussed on mainstream and too lazy to react quickly to reports from smaller software publishers.
    Microsoft being less than pro-active here is no surprize at all, they have your money and that's their primary concern!
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

Ok, when I saw this post it concerned me so I reached out to Balazs who owns CNCDrive to get the official word on this and here is his reply. I did ask his permission to post this which he agreed needed to be published to stop any worries people may have, so here goes.

Hi Dean,

Thank you for the information.

As you can see from the Virustotal report basically all large antivirus softwares report the file negative to viruses and 3 small virus companies reports it malicious and "confused".
    Which is true, the UCCNC.exe file is Obfuscated with a software called "Confuser" for anti-cracking protection.
    This is why some antivirus softwares sees it suspicious, because they cannot look into the file properly as the code is obfuscated.

And earlier it was worse, because we packaged the motion control native dll API into the UCCNC exe file which is also suspicious to antivirus softwares.
    Then there were about 20-25 false positive reports on the Virustotal site, the worst was that the largest companies also reported false positive including The Windows Defender.
    Funny thing is that it was not suspicious for any antivirus for years and with a blink of an eye the same became suspicious to them. :)
    It is false positive (we even sent the file to the Microsoft antivirus team and they checked and confirmed that it is false positive), but as it caused issues to customers we unpackaged the native API dll from the UCCNC.exe in the next UCCNC release and made changes in the file structure.
    So, now only some small not important virus companies report it false positive and the large ones like Avast and Windows Defender etc. see that the file is clean.

What we could do to make the file look fully clean to all antivirus softwares is if we would not obfuscate it, but we will not do that, because then the software would become very vurnable to crackers. :(
    We think that it is good enough that 99% of the antivirus companies report it nagative and that 1% whos software reports it false positive are small antivirus companies with very small market share, so...

Thank you.

Best Regards, Balazs
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    False positives are fairly common from the AV companies which are focussed on mainstream and too lazy to react quickly to reports from smaller software publishers.
    Microsoft being less than pro-active here is no surprize at all, they have your money and that's their primary concern!
    Agree! I've had some excellent virus free software, that simulates mainframe editing on PC for dinosaurs, incurring false positives from on these sites.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information