. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi all,

I am new to CNC but I have always been interested in machining.
    Last week I got a 3040 DQ with usb and thought it would be ok for a start but am a little annoyed to find basic problems.
    The instructions are not clear and are in broken English, the left hand linear bearing was fitted the wrong way around, and when moving on the y axis quite noisy the grease nipple had made a nasty groove along the inside of the left rail.
    I have removed the nipple just to carry out some test runs and found a problem with the x axis this is not accurate and very noisy especially when changing direction.
    I have swapped the x and y connections over on the controller and the problem moves to the y axis, the x axis is then smooth.
    From my basic knowledge it seems to be a stepper controller or a software issue, can anyone advise.

Many thanks

Len

Have you checked the microstep settings for the drivers. Really we need more detail to help. Photos would be good.
    Last edited by cropwell; 12-09-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks for the reply,
    Sorry for the lack of info but I didn’t know what you might need.
    I’m using the program that came with the machine which is CNC USB, I think it’s part of Planet CNC perhaps not ideal but I am using a laptop with a USB ports only and no D25 printer port.
    My x y and z axis are set at 400.000 steps per unit the initial speed is set at 100.00 and the acceleration is set at 15.000
    The feed speed is 250.00 and the Traverse is at 500.00
    I have checked the movement on all three axis with a digital DTI and the y and z are both repeatedly correct and nice and smooth and quite.
    But the z drive is clunky and noisy and not accurate if you set 10.0000 mm you may get 11.89 or 11.08 it’s different on each run.
    I hope this is of help.

Many thanks Len.

OK, so you can move the problem about by swapping connectors on the control box. This, to me, indicates that the problem is not mechanical.

From your first post, I get the implication that the machine, controller and software is a Chinese clone of the Planet CNC. So I would be getting into territory which I have no experience. Sorry, but I will have to pass on this problem. I hope someone else can help you.
    Last edited by cropwell; 12-09-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Again Much appreciated for having a look,
    The controller has a serial port and a USB port so maybe I might resurrect one of my old computers and load Mach 3, this will test the software.

Many thanks Len.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennewton View Post
    Again Much appreciated for having a look,
    The controller has a serial port and a USB port so maybe I might resurrect one of my old computers and load Mach 3, this will test the software.

Many thanks Len.
    Are you sure it has a serial port !!
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Sorry I ment a parallel port.

8. hi mate, I also have a 3040 which i have modified and found all sorts of problems which are now rectified
    Enthusiastic with CNC stuff but a proper novice so be gentle
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

9. I had issues with the axis which turned out to be a number of problems, first was the software which I binned off and bought planet cnc. Then their instructions were much more easy to follow and set up the machine in regards to steps per mm etc

I also opted to buy one of their control boxes as the control box which comes with your machine is basically all made up of counterfeit boards which proved to be unreliable. My box didnt work from the word go.

But now I am getting awesome results
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

10. I recently made a carbon fibre sheet, then engraved it and filled the engraving with paint, will dig out a vid
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information