Chinese 3020t Build

That link doesn't work for me Ravi?

3. Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    That link doesn't work for me Ravi?
    https://www.youtube.com/edit?ar=1&o=...id=PwqoYwrSU40
    Enthusiastic with CNC stuff but a proper novice so be gentle
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

4. just realised that link is the same lol, will double check its a public vid :-)
    Enthusiastic with CNC stuff but a proper novice so be gentle
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

5. Enthusiastic with CNC stuff but a proper novice so be gentle
    My build blog:
    Chinese 3020t Build

Hi Ravi
    Sorry for not replying sooner but have been busy machining parts for my gas turbine.
    I see you have carried out some serious mods to your machine and I am pleased you have got it working.
    I have downloaded Mach 3 and connected it with a parellel port, the only problem I have now is the emergency stop won’t let me do any machining as it comes up with emergency mode active when I connect to the CNC controller.
    The only reason for using Mach 3 is I have an old boxford TCL 125 lathe and a
    Wizzard 2000 st engraving machine to hopefully get working and I would use the Mach software for all three machines.

If I don’t get any luck with the software I’ll ask the question on the forum.

Many thanks Len.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Lennewton View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to CNC but I have always been interested in machining.
    Last week I got a 3040 DQ with usb and thought it would be ok for a start but am a little annoyed to find basic problems.
    The instructions are not clear and are in broken English, the left hand linear bearing was fitted the wrong way around, and when moving on the y axis quite noisy the grease nipple had made a nasty groove along the inside of the left rail.
    I have removed the nipple just to carry out some test runs and found a problem with the x axis this is not accurate and very noisy especially when changing direction.
    I have swapped the x and y connections over on the controller and the problem moves to the y axis, the x axis is then smooth.
    From my basic knowledge it seems to be a stepper controller or a software issue, can anyone advise.

Many thanks

Len
    Please see the axis configuration for Mach3 . I share my dropbox folder where you can find the manual I used for configuring the 3040 cnc.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mae2sb1cf...XGBEXauja?dl=0

Hi Voltatek,
    Thanks for the help, and I have tried using Mach3 with a parallel port connection.
    All I get is as soon as I switch the machine on all three motors lock up and the program runs as can be seen on the Mach3 display but no movement on the X,Y or Z.
    So I have tried a newer computer using a USB connector, this seems to have fixed my original fault.
    Many thanks Len.

When you say 'the control box which comes with your machine' do you mean the big black box with the spindle control and emergency stop (which doesn't work) on the front?

Quote Originally Posted by Lennewton View Post
    I have downloaded Mach 3 and connected it with a parellel port, the only problem I have now is the emergency stop won’t let me do any machining as it comes up with emergency mode active when I connect to the CNC controller.
    Toggle the active state for Emergency Stop in Mach3 to override that.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

11. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information