. .
    Ok guys

It’s that famous request that seems to get no answers from Boxford.
    I own a Boxford Duet and know it works. I’m struggling to get software and the machine working. Any helpful suggestions will be gratefully recurved

Thank you

do you want to sell it?

Hi
    My Boxford has now been rebuilt mechanically and electronically (by Routout CNC) and now runs Mach 3. Alas I still have not got around to doing more than looking at it and playing with it occasionally. Truth is I can’t get my head around G-Code and programming it to do my simple requirements. I’ve posted in many places offering to pay for somebody to write my simple g-code script but been messed around with plenty of promises but no takers. I’m not looking to sell it but like most things in life, the right offer would probably purchase it. Thanks for your enquiries

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Andrews View Post
    Truth is I can’t get my head around G-Code and programming it to do my simple requirements.
    Someone has sold you a pup by convincing you that you need to learn G-Code before you can make things, I was initially under that impression but I subsequently found that for most things it's a "Nice to Have" and not a necessity.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Andrews View Post
    Hi
    My Boxford has now been rebuilt mechanically and electronically (by Routout CNC) and now runs Mach 3. Alas I still have not got around to doing more than looking at it and playing with it occasionally. Truth is I can’t get my head around G-Code and programming it to do my simple requirements. I’ve posted in many places offering to pay for somebody to write my simple g-code script but been messed around with plenty of promises but no takers. I’m not looking to sell it but like most things in life, the right offer would probably purchase it. Thanks for your enquiries
    I was competely blue on cnc but after doing some testing i was able to make my first work piece.

still 0 knowledge on g code.

Just make sure you start by making simple shapes in forgiving materials like mdf.

What cad program do you use?

F360 has great youtube tutorials on all steps of the proces up to generating the gcode files fit for your controller.

Starting was hard for me and still lots to learn, but like always, as you make progress, the rewards are worth it.

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Would have really appreciated if it had the original electronics so that I can use the boxford software for it. How much are you looking for?

does anyone have the boxford software or manul for the duet mk1?

Thread Information