. .
    I'm looking to buy some pieces of tooling plate from Clickmetal.co.uk to start making my CNC router. As my machining capabilities are somewhat limited until the project's finished, my intention is to buy them slightly oversized and trim to fit - just wondering how accurate their cutting tends to be please?

Have you tried asking them what their cutting tolerances are?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Well, on their site they state +/-2mm IIRC - which is a lot, but then these days as a retailer, covering your arse is very important ;-) - I was just wondering what they actually tended to achieve.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    Well, on their site they state +/-2mm IIRC - which is a lot, but then these days as a retailer, covering your arse is very important ;-) - I was just wondering what they actually tended to achieve.
    I buy from them a fair bit, all within less than 1mm.

Cheers, many thanks for the info

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Cheers, many thanks for the info
    I dont know the exact measurements as Ive never really been too concerned. I tend to order oversize and then machine down. If you are working out of if you can build something from their cut sizes, probably could but probably nothing that needs ultra precision.

I too will be ordering slightly oversize and trimming down - but I wanted to minimise the amount of trimming needed, as I'm going to have to call in a favour from a friend to do it. And in the past I've had some pretty randomly sized bits of metal from other vendors.

I too will be ordering slightly oversize and trimming down - but I wanted to minimise the amount of trimming needed, as I'm going to have to call in a favour from a friend to do it. And in the past I've had some pretty randomly sized bits of metal from other vendors.
    You wont have that problem here .....

If you order 102mm to get down to 100mm, it will be around 102mm.

Thread Information