. .
    Hi guys! I ma new to the forum. I read in the past weeks as much I could. Basically I am looking for a CNC mill or router, second hand, but something that you will recommend. I know that build a DIY is always a great things but I have a lot of projects going on now and I built a 3D printer in the past and still keep updating my CR-10 now. I know the time and effort in doing that and I do not really have the time at the moment. Of course I checked all the Chinese options, that looks attempting on paper, but probably mostly garbage in reality. That's why I am here to ask you an advice. Moreover if you have one to sell, in the cheap range, his CNC, I am here to take it I basically need a CNC capable of mill aluminium 6000 series (classic), better if 7000 series too. Doesn't have to be super fast or capable of mill a lot of aluminium at the time. I care more about stability and the actual capability of doing without brake the machine. I am located in Belgium.
    Also advice for some crazy offer online, or cheap CNC capable of what I said are welcome. I know that you get what you pay, but sometime you can get something decent for the right price.

Thank you very much in advance!
    Ciao ciao

Size ?
    Accuracy ?
    Mass ?
    Cost range ?

There are no cheap, good, mills or routers.
    Or lathes.
    Everything is a compromise.
    Good is relative and cheap is relative.

A chicom cast-iron bed router is probably the best base around 6-10k for 0.5-1 x 1m or so.
    Add approx 3k for auto tool changer.

If someone had good routers for milling alu at a cheap price, they would be selling them like gangbusters.

A hobby converted bridgeport or similar would probably be the best cheapest route to quality alu milling, fast, in the 3-5k range.

Hi! thank you for your reply. Based on the price range you listed I am really at the cheap side. I thought would be possible to get a good second hand machine for Alu for around 1000Euro max. I have seen good review about the 6040, the Shapeoko, X-cave, stepcraft. I mainly need it for customised alu parts. Probably I ma just dreaming and need to rise my budget to get something worth it.
    Thanks!

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rey8801 View Post
    Hi! thank you for your reply. Based on the price range you listed I am really at the cheap side. I thought would be possible to get a good second hand machine for Alu for around 1000Euro max. I have seen good review about the 6040, the Shapeoko, X-cave, stepcraft. I mainly need it for customised alu parts. Probably I ma just dreaming and need to rise my budget to get something worth it.
    Thanks!
    Sad but true. For anything semi decent you need to be looking to spend upwards of around £3K (and that's something like a Denford Triac). £5K more realisitic.

I know that is not top notch but I saw some video of aluminium work done with CNC Proxxon MF-70 Aluminium cutting or millright M3 CNC. I might go with one of them.

Thread Information