. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stand out thing for me, is you've learnt to use the existing controller even though it's in Polish and it's working well, but you still want to upgrade it?

Having had a look at the PIKO site, it looks like a good package, so as along as you've figured out how to use it, I don't think I'd be in much rush to swap it to something else.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.

Yes I had the same feedback from a colleague but I am having teething problems with setting up certain parameters because of the wording. I have used translation software and blindly adjusted the cnc with some positive results but I still need to iron out some gremlins which I am finding some what of a challenging.

He needs to know what type of signal the servos/steppers work with, then the controller. I have not been here a couple of months but from when the ACORN is the recommended controller for retrofit? I hear for first time they have a cheap DIY controller. I agree that the original controller looks very good, so i dont see the point.

Does the machine has more complicated functions like tool changing, 4rth axis, or is just 3 axis router for stone engraving?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Hi Boyan just one thing the shoe works and fits perfectly and looks great I earthed the tubing as you said and had no problem. The cnc is a 3 axis with basic functions. I did read up on the Acorn and the reviews did not look good. I am looking for a good quality controller to upgrade the PIKO cost is not the issue more quality and performance.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joss01 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joss01 View Post
    Hi Boyan just one thing the shoe works and fits perfectly and looks great I earthed the tubing as you said and had no problem. The cnc is a 3 axis with basic functions. I did read up on the Acorn and the reviews did not look good. I am looking for a good quality controller to upgrade the PIKO cost is not the issue more quality and performance.
    Great to hear! Thanks!

Now your machine is with the Ethernet controller? I assume it's quite frustrating working with a controller in Polish :-) . How do you square the long axis now? Via the controller?

What exactly would you like to be able to do with the new controller, apart from the basic stuff?

I will greatly encourage you if you change to change to a dedicated controller, without PC, Windows, Mach3 and other similar crap. After i build my machine and changing a couple of controllers from Galil to Pokeys, i was extremely disappointed with all of them. Needless to say i hate Mach3 / 4 from my heart /even i paid for their bloody license at the time/, always bugs, don't follow the perfect sequence/that you have to find/ and all will crash and so on. From the moment ii put the dedicated Chinese controller, its already 2 years that i have not had even a glitch
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 20-10-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Yes and I am still looking for someone

Hello Boyan thank you for that piece of advice I had no intensions of installing Mach 3 as I have read some negative reviews. As far as staring up is concerned I control the XY axis to suit each piece of work via the controller.

I am looking for someone to modernise /upgrade the controller but I am not having much luck finding somebody who can come back with a straight answer

When having my new 4-Axis VMC built I went for the Siemens 808D Advanced Controller, Servo and Drive system, it added £5k to the price of the machine over that with a Chinese manufacturer's system so I'm guessing it's £7k-10k of the price of the machine.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information