. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ah, I think you posted before, I remember the machine and the vid. Are you looking for someone to fix the current control setup or potentially retrofit it / modernise it?

Hi yes that was the post.
    The cnc 3 years old and very well made it has a 1 x 2 meter bed 200mm gantry height, it is 440volt, it will soon have pneumatic material clamps fitted and has a tool bit chiller fitted. It is primarily use to engrave memorials, relief work in stone and war memorial plaques. The machine is used frequently used and operates well. My issue starts here the cnc was built in Poland with PIKO operating software which there is no English software available so operating the cnc has been a learning curve. I want to upgrade the control unit to and software to Masso unit or something similar and I am looking for someone to carry out the upgrade.
    Thanks for responding

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by joss01 View Post
    Hi yes that was the post.
    The cnc 3 years old and very well made it has a 1 x 2 meter bed 200mm gantry height, it is 440volt, it will soon have pneumatic material clamps fitted and has a tool bit chiller fitted. It is primarily use to engrave memorials, relief work in stone and war memorial plaques. The machine is used frequently used and operates well. My issue starts here the cnc was built in Poland with PIKO operating software which there is no English software available so operating the cnc has been a learning curve. I want to upgrade the control unit to and software to Masso unit or something similar and I am looking for someone to carry out the upgrade.
    Thanks for responding
    If its running something proprietary, why not move to something like Acorn centroid or does the current control system do a lot of the CAD / CAM for you? How do you current generate G Code or is this done by this unit?

The controller is connected via a USB to the pc. I generate the designs via Aspire V carve save it then open the file in the proprietery software designed by PIKO. I have not attempted to try a generic controller software but I don't think it will work. So to answer you question yes it does do the CAD/CAM.

Quote Originally Posted by johngoodrich View Post
    he's being sartcastic because you have given no details as to where you are and what machine and software you need setting up. Details will help get the right person
    Me? Sarcastic? Probably. I was trying to explain why you were getting no replies

Hi no problem thanks for getting back. I have posted the details of my cnc I hope I can get some informative replies on upgrading and setting up the controller with a suitable cad/cam.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Hi no problem thanks for getting back. I have posted the details of my cnc I hope I can get some informative replies on upgrading and setting up the controller with a suitable cad/cam.
    If you were willing to learn CAD / CAM with something like Fusion 360, this is an easy thing to sort with something else (loads of controller options).

Hi Chaz
    Yes great cad/cam software quite easy to use also my main design software is Aspire V Carve. But at the present moment I need to upgrade my controller and I am looking for an appropriate controller thats reliable and has a proprietary software program any ideas.

Hi Chaz
    Yes great cad/cam software quite easy to use also my main design software is Aspire V Carve. But at the present moment I need to upgrade my controller and I am looking for an appropriate controller thats reliable and has a proprietary software program any ideas.
    Personally Id just install Centroid Acorn. Its stable, runs well and is slowly gathering pace as a viable product. Centroid is a known entity, this is their entry into the DIY market. Ive got one on my lathe.

Yes I will google the product and do some research thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information