. .
    I have a couple of 2mm 4 flute carbide bits I want to re edge. I don't have a jig but I do have diamond disks I could make a centre for to mount in the 4th axis.

I'm pretty good with 2 flute, ball end and regular drill bits. But 4 flute is a bit tricky. They also have to be a straight edge too apparently for brass. So it leaves a clean cut.

Bit new to cnc milling/routing.

2 flute are easy I have a graver sharpener jig that clamps the tool and just run it over the abrasive media or stone. It's the multi flute I struggle with.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Without a jig, it's not worth it. Even with a jig, you're likely to struggle to get the accuracy required to get all the cutting edges even enough to ensure they all cut equally.

If you are serious, short of building your own home made sharpener (I.e. a Quorn tool & cutter grinder), or buying what will inevitably be a rebuild project in a more industrial cutter grinder, the cheapest option are these - https://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catal...rpening-Module
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Without a jig, it's not worth it. Even with a jig, you're likely to struggle to get the accuracy required to get all the cutting edges even enough to ensure they all cut equally.

If you are serious, short of building your own home made sharpener (I.e. a Quorn tool & cutter grinder), or buying what will inevitably be a rebuild project in a more industrial cutter grinder, the cheapest option are these - https://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catal...rpening-Module
    That is a serious bit of kit... Maybe one day but for now it will have to be new bits.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thread Information