. .
    Hello All,

I am coming to CNC from a background in woodworking (enthusiastic hobbyist level), minimal metalworking, a whole lot of tinkering with electronics and just generally making and repairing "stuff" my whole life.

I have been fascinated by CNC for a few years now and a couple of years ago I decided I was going to build a moderately strong machine of modest proportions (about 900 x 900 work area) that could machine wood, plastics and aluminium. My aims were to make "stuff" and to prove to myself that I could do it. And, as I find myself at a career crossroads I am investigating whether there's a way to make some money with such a machine.

Of course I made the rookie mistake; I got a bit trigger-happy and bought a load of kit before I had finalised a design! That said, I think (I hope!) I can work with what I have.

I am still getting to grips with Fusion 360. I have used Sketchup for years and know it pretty well but current wisdom seems to be that learning Fusion is the way forward so who am I to argue?

Anyway, after 2 years+ of putting the CNC project aside for other, more pressing, things I now find myself with a few weeks in which I can start making progress. So off I go, all hands to the pump, time to get stuck in...

My next stop is the Build Log forum - see you over there.

Cheers,
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBarnacles View Post

My next stop is the Build Log forum - see you over there.

Cheers,
    Paul.
    Sounds good,
    See You There!

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information