. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi guys I hope someone can help me.
    My 3040T has started to drift right. It starts quite well then drifts .5mm if a rapid change in direction is there or it lifts to make a fresh cut.

On a simple lego block program the first pass is OK ish. 2nd pass cuts into the brick risers. And is off on the right by 0.96.

I set new alu Jaws in the vice and machined those manually with toggle. So I know they are true.

As when trying to engrave it steps each character up 0.3mm or wanders off diagonally.

Machine settings are
    400,1500,400 all 3 axis mach3.
    I don't know if it's software or hardware that's causing the problem. Screen jog shows on target. Tool tip tells a different story.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Check your stepper to shaft coupling isn't slipping, and that the end float control bearing isn't moving, the best way is disassembly and reassembly as "Looking OK" has often proven misleading to others in the past
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Check your stepper to shaft coupling isn't slipping, and that the end float control bearing isn't moving, the best way is disassembly and reassembly as "Looking OK" has often proven misleading to others in the past
    I was thinking this. I did partially strip yesterday to clean the bed, I checked all bolts while they were exposed. I will pull gantry covers off and check all those too.

It's all ballscrew is it wise to lube the screws and runners?

Serious professional builds usually have intermittent oil feed to the nut, this not only lubricates but keeps the screw and nut clean as the oil carries away any dirt.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

Serious professional builds usually have intermittent oil feed to the nut, this not only lubricates but keeps the screw and nut clean as the oil carries away any dirt.
    I just checked all lock nuts, grub screws it's dry running now. I oiled the juts screws and runners while I was in there. It might be a controller issue

It's no different, I let it run 1/4 of that process, and stopped it. It's 1.0525mm off from x zero on return to zero.
    So controller issue? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0076.jpeg 
Views:	169 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	25011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0077.jpeg 
Views:	164 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	25012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0078.jpeg 
Views:	176 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	25013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0079.jpeg 
Views:	178 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	25014

Sounds like you might be losing steps?
    Drop your acceleration and max speed to half what they are currently and re-test.

Sounds like you might be losing steps?
    Drop your acceleration and max speed to half what they are currently and re-test.
    I'll try that tomorrow, I know when in helix cutting if the ramp angle is too shallow it doesn't move. I use 0.5-2mm bits and killed 15 so far but most was poor setup by me.
    Pha.... Amateurs! Lol.

I'm down to 1x1mm 2fl. 1x1mm 3fl and 1x2mm 3fl so my feeds are usually slower no faster than 190.

IN plunge it seems fine. Its just this drift now any chance it might be software? It's China made and the software isn't genuine it's basically as it come.

Oh my o/s is 64bit mach3 is running in 32bit compatability mode. But with that said on the other system (32bit) 4th axis just spins instead of indexing. It seems to index on the 64bit. But it's very recent like since Friday it started this drift.

Unless you find a supported Plug In for Mach3 or change your controller you're usually stuck with the Hacked, Packed and Cracked version shipped with the product.

Unless you find a supported Plug In for Mach3 or change your controller you're usually stuck with the Hacked, Packed and Cracked version shipped with the product.
    I went half speed it went far worse. I upped the feed rate to 279 from 190 and its bang on. Its slower feeds it struggles with.

I need more confidence in the tooling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information