. .
    Hello everyone, I got a quick question. I've heard about the uc300eth and it looks like a great product. I heard that that uccnc software is used with it but must have a separate license for each controller. My question is, what does it mean by that? Does it mean that if you have a uc300eth-5lpt controller, and it breaks, you need to buy a new license if you buy the uc300eth-5lpt again?? Or does it just mean you must but separate licences for different projects. ie) uc100 and uc300eth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jtar40 View Post
    Hello everyone, I got a quick question. I've heard about the uc300eth and it looks like a great product. I heard that that uccnc software is used with it but must have a separate license for each controller. My question is, what does it mean by that? Does it mean that if you have a uc300eth-5lpt controller, and it breaks, you need to buy a new license if you buy the uc300eth-5lpt again?? Or does it just mean you must but separate licences for different projects. ie) uc100 and uc300eth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Essentially your UCCNC license is tied to the serial number of your controller, so, yes, you need a license for each controller.
    If one were to break, I'm sure if you contacted the guys at UCCNC they would sort you out but don't quote me on that as I have never had one break!

The UC300ETH is a very small circuit board with only about 5 components on it. It's highly unlikely that it will ever "break". I've never heard of any CNC Drive motion controllers failing.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Thread Information