. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the update dazp1976. Keep us posted. Is it a fault with the AMAT25 or is that just how it is with the spindle?? Almost sounds like the lead screw nut controlling the table is off.

I have been looking at these machines too. They look very similar to Warco but are belt drive, larger motor etc.

http://www.toolco.co.uk/categories/milling-machines

Re spindle speed... I am unsure as yet if to buy a 3kw spindle eventually and add an adapter to the machine holding it or to upgrade the the main spindle to increase the speed.
    Last edited by Hulksmash; 25-11-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Following on from my last comment.
    Have been rebuilding the X2 which is why I hadn't got round to look at mine yet.

Now in truth I am a little stumped!?
    Just got round to un-crating my AMAT25LV and noticed the spindle center is nowhere near the table center.
    It's as though the head needs a spacer of at least 1 inch thickness fitted.

It has 185mm table movement on Y axis but with the column bellows fitted the distance between these and the spindle center is only 160mm.
    Couldn't get full 185 cut with them fitted when there's work on the table, only the 160mm is acheivable.
    ARC advertise the SX2.7 as having 165/190mm travel depending upon having the bellows fit, or not. I think you're right - a number of these machines have similar issues

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    ARC advertise the SX2.7 as having 165/190mm travel depending upon having the bellows fit, or not. I think you're right - a number of these machines have similar issues
    I'd have bought the 30LV if I'd known about this. At least I'd have got the 180mm travel I needed straight out of the box! (states 220mm max).
    Once I start converting the 25 I'll set the table 20mm further back from where it is now and later on fit a 25mm head spacer.
    That should be enough to achieve what I need.
    Kind of annoyed.

I'm actually considering putting the motor and control box from the 25 onto the X2 while I'm messing with this. I get 160mm on the X2 with the changes I made.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 27-11-2018 at 12:46 AM.

https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by komatias View Post
    I suspect it will be exactly the same as my 25LV (identical spec) with Y travel limitations when the chip guard bellows are in place. Saw a post on CNC zone mentioning this the other day regarding a similar machine.

My advice would be: If you want a machine about this size with 180mm Y travel then the AMAT30LV is in stock atm.
    Might not be for long though.
    I'm unfortunately committed to my 25 now :(
    Last edited by dazp1976; 27-11-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    I suspect it will be exactly the same as my 25LV (identical spec) with Y travel limitations when the chip guard bellows are in place. Saw a post on CNC zone mentioning this the other day regarding a similar machine.

My advice would be: If you want a machine about this size with 180mm Y travel then the AMAT30LV is in stock atm.
    Might not be for long though.
    I'm unfortunately committed to my 25 now :(
    What about this machine ? These better than the warco wm18 or AMAT30 ?

http://www.toolco.co.uk/products/vm3...ling-machine-1

Quote Originally Posted by Hulksmash View Post
    What about this machine ? These better than the warco wm18 or AMAT30 ?

http://www.toolco.co.uk/products/vm3...ling-machine-1
    The Toolco32B will be pretty much the same as the AMAT30LV.
    I prefer the R8 taper and Toolco only had the 32B in MT3 when I last checked.
    The Warco is geared so that put me off it.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 27-11-2018 at 05:06 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dazp1976 For This Useful Post:

Either the guy from toolco uk ltd is having the best holiday ever, or he has closed down or worse !!

I have been trying to contact them for past 2 months... just get voicemail saying he is away on holiday... however all emails checked... but not as sent a few.

I even contacted there ebay store... nothing.

@Hulksmash
    I am just stripping down a 32B from toolco for CNC conversion. I visited Warco and checked out the other machines from Chester et al., but the Toolco (Weiss Machines) one was the best. The base castings are thicker with better geometry. The motor is more powerful with belt drive. I had to put up with the MT3 version but ordered a spindle from Michael Weiss, the machine manufacturer.

I found Toolco not easy to deal with, but it was worth it for the quality of the machine.

The only snag I can find is the top spindle speed which is something over 2000 rpm. Options for me are to change the pulley ratio or fit a high speed spindle in parallel on the head. Ways and general machine tolerances are extremely good. I can pm you Michael Weiss's email address if you think it will help.

Best Regards

picclock

Quote Originally Posted by picclock View Post
    @Hulksmash
    I am just stripping down a 32B from toolco for CNC conversion. I visited Warco and checked out the other machines from Chester et al., but the Toolco (Weiss Machines) one was the best. The base castings are thicker with better geometry. The motor is more powerful with belt drive. I had to put up with the MT3 version but ordered a spindle from Michael Weiss, the machine manufacturer.

I found Toolco not easy to deal with, but it was worth it for the quality of the machine.

The only snag I can find is the top spindle speed which is something over 2000 rpm. Options for me are to change the pulley ratio or fit a high speed spindle in parallel on the head. Ways and general machine tolerances are extremely good. I can pm you Michael Weiss's email address if you think it will help.

Best Regards

picclock
    Many thanks picclock,

That would be brilliant please if you could pm his email address.

Its between a 32B toolco machine or an Amadeal AMAT30 - I would want an R8 spindle too

Is the owner of toolco still alive ???? I cn never get hold of him. Would Michael Weiss sell direct ?

Yes I will probably add a spindle in parallel re spindle speed, would be good to know someone else was doing it.

regards

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information