. .

Thread: Servo Motors

Hi all, you machine builders will know better than anybody, who supplies chinese style servo motors in the UK or EU?

Zapp don't have what I need, struggling to find anyone else. Most vendors google throws up only sell Yaskawa/Fanuc/Siemens etc. quality stuff.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Zapp supply Kinco who are Chinese, but are high end and on par with Yaskawa etc.

I very much doubt anybody within the EU will supply the cheaper servo's, as I'd guess most have never been tested to see if they meet the required CE/EU regulations, which means it's mostly illegal for businesses to sell them within the EU, and that's before you consider the cost of supporting them, or that most people wanting to buy them would just buy them direct from China as it will likely still be cheaper.

So if you want cheap Chinese servos, your best options are eBay or Aliexpress.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Zapp supply Kinco who are Chinese, but are high end and on par with Yaskawa etc.

I very much doubt anybody within the EU will supply the cheaper servo's, as I'd guess most have never been tested to see if they meet the required CE/EU regulations, which means it's mostly illegal for businesses to sell them within the EU, and that's before you consider the cost of supporting them, or that most people wanting to buy them would just buy them direct from China as it will likely still be cheaper.

So if you want cheap Chinese servos, your best options are eBay or Aliexpress.
    Thanks m_c. Good point and I was coming to similar conclusion myself, there is a place in Holland that sells the cheaper ones (hardware-cnc) but still not the one I want.

I actually have a kinco here, as far as I can tell the motor is probably the same but noticeably much better cables and documentation on the kinco. It’s the wrong one also, I bought it by accident by not properly paying attention (750w I need 730w, different rpm and torque).

Either will probably do the job in all honesty but I have the one i was actually after on the way from Fred at BST now.

Thread Information