. .
    Hi all my names mark from midlands uk longtime heidenhein user but just bought a fanuc control m/c
    long story but i hate fanuc already!, seems to be very longwinded, btw does anyone know where i can get a lead for what i am told is rs232c to link pc and m/c?
    i would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction please
    the control is fanuc om.
    thanks in advance
    mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mark35gun View Post
    Hi all my names mark from midlands uk longtime heidenhein user but just bought a fanuc control m/c
    long story but i hate fanuc already!, seems to be very longwinded, btw does anyone know where i can get a lead for what i am told is rs232c to link pc and m/c?
    i would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction please
    the control is fanuc om.
    thanks in advance
    mark.

Hi, Good old Ebay, I think your find one there?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Minimax View Post
    Hi, Good old Ebay, I think your find one there?

Bob
    Hi Bob, that's what i thought, but i cannot see a listing for 232 c, i'm not even sure that's what i have??

any tips on how to determine much appreciated!!

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Hi Bob, that's what i thought, but i cannot see a listing for 232 c, i'm not even sure that's what i have??

any tips on how to determine much appreciated!!
    The C bit just means the current standard quote:-
    DEFINITION
    RS-232C

Posted by: Margaret Rouse
    WhatIs.com
    Follow:

RS-232C is a long-established standard ("C" is the current version) that describes the physical interface and protocol for relatively low-speed serial data communication between computers and related devices. It was defined by an industry trade group, the Electronic Industries Association (EIA), originally for teletypewriter devices.

It usually has a DB25 connector but it can also have a DB9 connector. How about a photo of the connectors you need a lead for?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi Mark,

I have unwanted RS232 null modem DB9 and DB25 cables if that is of use to you. I can leave it with my son at Huthwaite sometime and PM you his address if you wish.
    Null modem means that the send and receive protocol and data signals are swapped so that you don't need a modem in the middle.

Cheers,

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 22-11-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    The C bit just means the current standard
    Was RS232P the previous and RS232OBT the one before that ?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Was RS232P the previous and RS232OBT the one before that ?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Hi, Rob, that would be great, i would certainly like to take you up on it please
    much obliged
    mark.

Hi, Rob, that would be great, i would certainly like to take you up on it please
    much obliged
    mark.
    OK Mark, can you PM me a phone number and I will give you a call when my son,Alex, has the cables. He visits us on Sundays, or we go to see him.

Cheers,
    Rob

Thread Information