. .
    I’m buying a Colchester Master lathe and need assistance transporting it and moving it into my garage. Does anyone have any recommendations for companies/people?
    The lathe is around 700kg.
    I live in Wolverhampton and the lathe’s around 100 miles away.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Speak to Steve, very reasonable.

[email protected]

He does this and has moved my Emco and a few other machines for me.

What Chaz said, I have used Steve in the past and couldn't be happier with his service. He even gave me help to place my lathe right where it was going to stay.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Another recommendation for Landy Lift here.

Delivered my Triac from the depths of Derbyshire to Scotland. Turned out he visits a factory just a few miles away from me every few months, so only needed directions for the last couple miles.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thanks for your responses. I’ve spoken to Steve and unfortunately he doesn’t have any availability at the moment.
    Does anyone know of any others that could help?
    Cheers

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenza View Post
    Thanks for your responses. I’ve spoken to Steve and unfortunately he doesn’t have any availability at the moment.
    Does anyone know of any others that could help?
    Cheers

Will the lathe fit on a pallet? I had my Harrison M300 moved on a pallet, cost around £70.

Hmmm maybe, I’ll have to look into it. How heavy was your lathe? I’m worried about it being a little top heavy, maybe it’ll be best to screw it down to the pallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenza View Post
    Hmmm maybe, I’ll have to look into it. How heavy was your lathe? I’m worried about it being a little top heavy, maybe it’ll be best to screw it down to the pallet.

Harrison is circa 675 kg. A lot of it is down to how its strapped down. I had my lathe and a new HSD spindle shipped on a single pallet with no problems.

Thread Information