. .
    So.. after much trolling this and other cnc websites, youtube and all the other stuff you end up looking at whilst researching, I finaly ordered up some AC servos, a VFD and a CS Labs CSMIO IP/A with I/O expansion and MPG module.

Being that this lot cost a fair lump of cash, I want to be VERY carefull in getring the wiring correct.

I get the majority of the connections, but wanted to make sure that all was correct before I started.

I emailed CS labs for help, asking if they could do a quick connection diagram for a servo drive and for VFD ( literature supplied), as none on the diagrams on their web site, fully matched up with the drives I have.
    ( is it just me, or does an ISO standard for terminal identification not exist yet for drives)

The response was far less than I would have expected, for a company pitching their goods at industrial users.

It was basicly " busy, may be able to help in about 8 weeks".

What!!

A.C. Servo drives are AASD-20A
    ( CONTROL VIA -10V~+10V)

VFD is a chinese 9100 series 2.2KW
    ( speed control 0-10V +fwd, rev, stop)

Anyone got experience of wiring these in to an IP/A?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9100 User manual.pdf   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181202_184730.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	25197   CS Labs CSMIO IP_A connections.pdf  
    Last edited by swarf-boy; 03-12-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Ye, they *might* make good kit but never really been impressed with them post sale.

I can show you how to wire the stuff, not too difficult. Is that the driver manual / image of the connections page?

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by swarf-boy View Post
    So.. after much trolling this and other cnc websites, youtube and all the other stuff you end up looking at whilst researching, I finaly ordered up some AC servos, a VFD and a CS Labs CSMIO IP/A with I/O expansion and MPG module.

Being that this lot cost a fair lump of cash, I want to be VERY carefull in getring the wiring correct.

I get the majority of the connections, but wanted to make sure that all was correct before I started.

I emailed CS labs for help, asking if they could do a quick connection diagram for a servo drive and for VFD ( literature supplied), as none on the diagrams on their web site, fully matched up with the drives I have.
    ( is it just me, or does an ISO standard for terminal identification not exist yet for drives)

The response was far less than I would have expected, for a company pitching their goods at industrial users.

It was basicly " busy, may be able to help in about 8 weeks".

What!!

A.C. Servo drives are AASD-20A
    ( CONTROL VIA -10V~+10V)

VFD is a chinese 9100 series 2.2KW
    ( speed control 0-10V +fwd, rev, stop)

Anyone got experience of wiring these in to an IP/A?
    Is the VFD made by a company called ECOGOO ?

Hi Chaz,

Yes that's what I was able to attach.

I have also just attached an xcel spreadsheet I did, showing everthing I have worked out so far.
    ( probably a bit unconventional, but it seamed a simple way to plan it)

Feel free to mark my homework...... LOL.

Comments welcome from all.
    Last edited by swarf-boy; 03-12-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Hi Chaz,

I have also just attached an xcel spreadsheet I did, showing everthing I have worked out so far.

I dont see the spreadsheet. Can you put it on googledocs or dropbox or similar? Else I can pm you my address.

I did the same (excel) for one machine I retrofitted (IP-A with Mitsubushi servos).

Hi Chaz,

Ah, didnt see you updated the original post. Ill take a quick look. Actually, send me your email address and Ill dig out what I did.

Last edited by swarf-boy; 03-12-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Pm sent mate

9. wont your new drives run position mode? step/direction?
    would make it much easier to set up and would have saved getting the csmio.

i can help you with the ecogoo .

Thread Information