. .
    As above - Where in South for good value/quality conversion of CNC mill service please, thank you in advance

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    South of what?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    South of what?
    Watford obvs ! I'm in West Sussex so London or Southern counties

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by finka View Post
    Watford obvs ! I'm in West Sussex so London or Southern counties
    I'm in Ickenham. Might be able to help. Send me some details via PM.

Thanks for your interest, this is a thread I posted on Industry arena which gives quite a lot of detail,
    https://en.industryarena.com/forum/i...b--370277.html
    I'd be pleased to know your thought, best regards

Quote Originally Posted by finka View Post
    Thanks for your interest, this is a thread I posted on Industry arena which gives quite a lot of detail,
    https://en.industryarena.com/forum/i...b--370277.html
    I'd be pleased to know your thought, best regards
    So, not a bad start but difficult to know without seeing it.

The machine stopping could be anything, need to see it in action.

Have you run code on it? You say you dont understand CNC or not a lot of experience, where did the program come from that you are using? Any errors / alarms?

What does it run on (what software)?

Should be an easy retrofit, probably just small steppers.

Just sitting here, no software present, I've just committed to Fusion360.. fairly sure for my needs I'm going to need 5axis set up for brass gold silver jewellery milling etc... so yes just putting feelers out on a complete makeover... xyz motors are MS135HT (isel) stepper motors...best
    Last edited by finka; 29-11-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Going by the post on industryarena (aka cnczone in disguise) it was using EdiTasc, which is still available - http://www.editasc.com/drupal/

They don't list any prices, but a trial version is available to download along with various manuals. I've just downloaded the main install package, and it does contain an ISEL setup file. If you've got a suitable PC with a serial port (the included german pdf mentions turning of driver signing checks for windows 7 and 8, so I'd aim for something pre 7 for simplicity, as unsigned drivers can be a major headache), I'd install it and see what happens.

Off course that doesn't help your longer term aims, but depending on the software cost, it will at least give you a useable machine while you learn/decide what you want to do longer term.
    Last edited by m_c; 29-11-2018 at 11:32 PM.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Going by the post on industryarena (aka cnczone in disguise) it was using EdiTasc, which is still available - http://www.editasc.com/drupal/

They don't list any prices, but a trial version is available to download along with various manuals. I've just downloaded the main install package, and it does contain an ISEL setup file. If you've got a suitable PC with a serial port (the included german pdf mentions turning of driver signing checks for windows 7 and 8, so I'd aim for something pre 7 for simplicity, as unsigned drivers can be a major headache), I'd install it and see what happens.

Off course that doesn't help your longer term aims, but depending on the software cost, it will at least give you a useable machine while you learn/decide what you want to do longer term.
    Top Man, thanks

Thread Information