. .
    Lives in London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 06-10-2021 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 22. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hi,

Is anyone using VCarve and exporting tool paths into Boxford software?

I'm using VCarve 9.5 and Boxford Vs10. When I output the tool paths in the dropdown .box post processor, I get a .fan file.

The Boxford software doesn't recognise the file, even when I change the name to .box.

Boxford sent me some lines of code to put into the program data folder in Windows 10, so I get a .box file, which they say will be OK.

I'm afraid I have no idea how to do this and they are not being too helpful.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for viewing.

Hi,
    I too am trying to use vcarve with boxford cnc and have the same problem. Can you post code/info that boxford have sent you? It must be doable as Boxford demonstrate Vectric vcarve software at their trade shows.

Thanks
    Gavin

Lives in London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 06-10-2021 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 22. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hi Gavin,

This may be of help to you. If you are using the latest Boxford software (vs10) then you need their new post processor file installed into VCarve.

I am running VCarve 9.5 and Boxford 10 and it is now up and running OK.

See the letter below from Vectric support.

I can't attach the Boxford post processor file they sent me, the file type is not recognised. Send me an email at [email protected] and I'll get it to you.

Good luck,
    Bob

Charlie Pullen (Vectric Ltd.)
    Dec 11, 09:44 WET

Hello Robert.

Thank you for the file.

It does look like Boxford have updated this to their machine.

You can install it to the software by going to File menu - Open Application Data Folder.
    This is a shortcut we added in the software for you.

If this is the only Post Processor you will be using, copy it from your download location and paste it into the folder My_PostP

This will make it the only Post Processor that appears in the software and so ensure you always use this Post Processor when saving your Gcode .box files.

I hope this helps

Best Regards
    Charlotte

Vectric Support

Vectric Ltd | Precision House| 2 Arden Road
    Alcester | Warwickshire | B49 6HN | United Kingdom

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BobE For This Useful Post:

I can't attach the Boxford post processor file they sent me, the file type is not recognised.
    I think if you just rename the extension to .txt the forum should see it . The he can name it back again.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi all,
    Well heres the steps that I used to get it to work (thanks to Bob for the file and all the help in figuring it out.)

• First you need to oped v-carve, selct file/Open application data folder and add in the post processor file attached into the MY_PostP folder Boxford_V10_mm.txt. (This file was changed to .txt to be able to upload -Thanks Clive. Change the extension at the end to .pp when you download it or message me your email for the file if this doesnt work. )
    • Then you can save your file in v-carve in the .box format
    • Next open up your boxford software and go to File/Import/Import G&M file. Select the .box file
    • Pick your tool from your library and then your material.(To add a tool to the library if you don't have the necessary one you change the settings for the current used to administrator, this is found under settings/current user/)
    • You should now be able to save it as a gmm file.

Hopefully this helps some one else as Boxfords software is not the most user friendly.

Gavin

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tgwhite For This Useful Post:

Thread Information