. .
    Long story short,

Snaffled a Mill, moving table with 2 axis gantry, Informed it was 3 phase also using an external vacuum pump and extraction. I may be able to get hold of the PC (running XP) that ran the system but all software is in German.

Evidently, a reluctant somewhat difficult operator stated one day 'it started smoking' and it was abandoned and forgotten about (the person left the organisation shortly after) until a decision was made to dispose of it.

No specs or decent manual and none forthcoming from manufacturer (I've checked)

At present I can reach through the underside and the spindle turns but the bearings don't feel good. I can see a stepper/servo and all axis are belt driven. I cannot open the 'user' door as without power the interlock is in operation. The mains cable has been hacked off and the remainder stuffed back through the grommet. I do not have any other cables.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	25234

Name:	Internals.png 
Views:	328 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	25235

Name:	Basic.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	25236

My questions are what can be deduced and what suggestions are forthcoming. I admit to having pretty serious wishes to get this machine running, either in this form or by cannibalization to reuse in a DIY Build.

Until I get 4 well built friends to help me shift it to my Shed it's sat on it's side in my hallway disguised as a coat rack.
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    The door interlock will need power to release. Some have a way to manually override (that's provided you can get into the main latch), failing that you might need to unbolt it (can be easier said than done!).

Some photos of the machine would help. Also a close up of that control board on the right. I'm going to guess it's a stepper driven machine, in which case the worst case scenario are a few new drivers, a new controller, and possibly a new VFD (can you get a photo of the label on the side of it?).
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Photo's I can get, as soon as I can rustle up the help to get it upright. I have just been told that the side it is sitting on can be removed which will give access to the VFD and main board. I will upload as many as appear worthy of inspection.
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Thread Information