. .
    All the pics (Hiwin and clones) I've seen of the BF support bearing show the end of the ballscrew almost flush with the end of the bearing see my little sketch:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF12.png 
Views:	215 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	25246
    However there's no dimension given for it's exact position in the mount, even in the Hiwin book. I guess there's a certain amount of freedom of movement in the BF as it's billed as a support rather than fixed bearing, but I'd like to get the initial position more or less in the centre of the allowable range, and do I need to leave some space outside the bearing in case the end protrudes a tad I wonder? Any wisdom/experience on this would be gratefully recieved, thanks.
    Last edited by Voicecoil; 15-12-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 36 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    The bf bearing is floating in the housing so the bearing is fitted onto the end of the ball screw and retained with a circlip. This means you try and arrange the bearing housing so that the actual bearing is in the middle of it.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Cheers Clive, that's clarified exactly what is floating and I know where to sit the thing

Thread Information