. .

Thread: New VFD ?

Hi to all, an expensive lead up to xmas for me, in the past 2 weeks I have had tubes blow in both my 260w and 100w lasers and now it would appear my VFD on the CNC router has died. Think someone has been putting voodoo curses on me :-)
    My router had been doing some strange thins with the spindle lately, like taking over a minute for the spindle to reach speed and the same to slow down then today it decided to stop mid cut while managing to rip the workpiece off the spoilboard in quite a spectacular fashion. I am pretty sure it is the VFD that is the problem.

So questions. The spindle is a 3.7kw so I assume a 4kw or larger VFD will be required (single phase input) and I may decide to replace the Spindle as well. I need these fairly quick so ordering from China not likely. I have seen a VFD (and possibly spindle) from this company, Has anyone had dealings with them or could anyone here recommend a decent supplier.
    https://www.ebay.ie/str/powace1515?_pgn=2

Would there be a great difference between my current 3.7kw spindle versus a 3kw?

Are air cooled spindles inferior to water cooled, I am sure they would be noisier but are there other advantages/disadvantages?

Grateful for any help

Cheers

Alan

New VFD and spindle ordered so deal done.

I would like to know the full form of VFD ?

Quote Originally Posted by vidya31 View Post
    I would like to know the full form of VFD ?
    Variable Frequency Drive
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information