. .
    Hi. I have posted much on the forum, after building my machine with some help from Dean.
    I have been happily using my cnc machine for a a year or so without issue.....
    I noticed when I had switched the machine on last week that it would not move/jog. After some checking I worked out I could home the machine. After it’s been homed it seems to jog and work fine. I have been living with it, parking the machine close to the home position. There is some message which flashes up to fast for me to read on start up of mach3, which I haven’t noticed before. Any ideas ?

Clean install of Mach3
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Not sure if this is the source of your problem but Mach3 will not allow jogging before homing if soft limits are turned on. Turn off soft limits and you can then jog. Maybe you turned on soft limits by accident?

Personally, I keep soft limits on all the time as I like having that small safety net in place, but my machine is not so big that homing takes a long time. I also wired homing switches on X and Y to separate inputs so that I can home X and Y simultaneously which saves a bit of time when homing.

Every days a school day. Yes I must have inadvertently turned on soft limits. I have them configured, so I think I may leave them on as it didn’t seem that much of an inconvenience especially when I sped up homing. Btw - here’s a picture of my machine, which I am remiss for not sharing it’s been finished for almost 18 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02674C68-63C4-4461-A804-06C9AD4F3EBD.jpeg 
Views:	190 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	25260  

Quote Originally Posted by Stressedwoodman View Post
    Every days a school day.
    Definitely right on that one!

Dinky little cyclone separator there - any more info on it? Does it work well?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    This looks like one of Deans designs.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Well spotted... this is what it looked like when I got it. A lot of phone support followed from Dean to get it working.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F81B4C10-5D43-4D63-A534-DDA4B7336CCA.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	310.5 KB 
ID:	25262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5BD5191B-C3DC-4170-922C-C44233431F00.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	25261  

Thread Information