. .
    Hi all

Can anyone suggest a supplier for good removable double sided tape so I don't need to spend a fortune to test it?

The best I have found so far is off fleabay but I was hoping to get it for less than a fiver for 25mm wide x 25 metres.

Thanks in advance
    Carl

LIDL have 3M double coated tape 50mm x 15M - I don't know how much it costs (£1.99 at a guess) as I just dropped it into the shopping trolley and left the Finance Officer (wife) to pay.

Hi a better way is to use single sided tape. Place tape on bed and on the base of the work. Then using two pack glue from screwfix place glue on the tape. This will hold the work and after marching just pull the tape off.

If for workpiece holding, better use normal painters tape , glue side to workpiece. Then acrylic glue plus activator spray and glue to bed. Machine, then take off piece. If bed is metal, heat with a heat gun and remove glue.If not - surface.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

screwfix. 5.99 for 50mm x 25metres

[QUOTE=johngoodrich;108996]screwfix. 5.99 for 50mm x 25metres[/QUOTE

Thanks but I was looking for removeable tape, some of the permanent stuff you can't even get off the scissors used to cut it.

I use this all the time and haven't had any problems with it unless you cut in to it and it can wrap around the spindle

I'm mainly using it to hold down thin A3 polycarbonate sheets and as I'm cutting small parts from them I need almost 100% coverage. The only take I've found that I can easily get off the cut parts is the removable stuff. Just looking for a cheaper source.

You could stick painters tape to bed, stick painters tape to sheet and glue both tapes using the accelerated instant glue. That's how i have seen it done normally. Or if you use strong double tape, just oil a bit the surface using old rag, so it does not stick like crazy.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Personally, I would rather see the workpiece firmly stuck, than moving around whilst you are cutting. For acrylic, I use fabric embedded carpet tape on a sacrificial bed of plywood and get the piece off afterwards by sliding an artists palette knife underneath. The tape then either comes off the bed or the workpiece (sometimes both) and because of the fabric reinforcement, can be pulled off, with a little cleaning up any residues with low-odour white spirit.

Thread Information