. .
    hi, can anyone help. I purchased one of the little 500w spindle and power unit off ebay. it comes complete with bracket and speed control. The thing is the power unit is all marked up in Chinese and apart from knowing what set of wires goes to what unit. I have know idea which is live or natural/ can anyone please help me out here. thanks, terryClick image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	25330

Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    hi, can anyone help. I purchased one of the little 500w spindle and power unit off ebay. it comes complete with bracket and speed control. The thing is the power unit is all marked up in Chinese and apart from knowing what set of wires goes to what unit. I have know idea which is live or natural/ can anyone please help me out here. thanks, terryClick image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	25330
    If it is not marked up. Take the fuse out then check with a meter which of the two terminal on the right hand side is connected to the fuse carrier. Connect the one that is connected to the fuse holder to the mains live and the other to neutral.

Terminals 3&4 from the right go to the motor if it spins the wrong way reverse the two wires.
    Last edited by Clive S; 14-01-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

as I can not read Chinese either

I would check to see if the fuse is connected to one of the power terminals
    if it does as I would expect that will be the Live (hot) terminal

I notice that there is no Earth terminal ! - a feature of many Chinese tools

at the very least I would connect the the mains Earth to the metal enclosure

john

PS Clive beat me to it !
    Last edited by john swift; 14-01-2019 at 09:22 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to john swift For This Useful Post:

hi. thanks for replies. I have got power to the spindle using the power unit that came with the spindle as per pic. but I can only get it to work when it is the only item in the power change. I have tried to power it from the machines mains input socket but know joy. it will only work if its the only unit. I am not great with elecs and I was hoping to just have the one mains plug socket to the machine. is there something I am missing here. I am only using live and natural feeds to the spindle power unit as there are only two inputs. the machine also as earth connected at the mains input. do you think that if I fitted a terminal block from the machines mains input socket and then to the two cnc driver power units and also the spindle power supply unit it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    hi. thanks for replies. I have got power to the spindle using the power unit that came with the spindle as per pic. but I can only get it to work when it is the only item in the power change. I have tried to power it from the machines mains input socket but know joy. it will only work if its the only unit. I am not great with elecs and I was hoping to just have the one mains plug socket to the machine. is there something I am missing here. I am only using live and natural feeds to the spindle power unit as there are only two inputs. the machine also as earth connected at the mains input. do you think that if I fitted a terminal block from the machines mains input socket and then to the two cnc driver power units and also the spindle power supply unit it would work.
    I think you are in dangerous ground here.

Show us some good pics and a sketch of what you are trying to do.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Yes please be careful !

Sounds like you might have wired them in all in series ? They need to be in parallel.

Based on what you have written I would say get someone experienced over to see it first hand before fiddling any more

Also they are live and neutral not natural
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Thread Information