. .
    Good evening all,

Firstly what a great forum with a huge amount of info.

My name's Paul and I'm looking for a bit of help on which cnc router machine to buy for manufacturing camper van furniture. I've done many conversions and I'd like to move things on further.

I've done as much research as I can but figured it's best to ask the experts before I commit to something.

So my budget is up to 13k plus vat. The pre laminated wood sheets I'm working with are 2500 x 1220 x 15 and one of my main requirements would be not to have to cut these down.

I've looked at a few machines to date but really not sure what is best for me. From the UK I contacted bionica systems which have a machine at 13k plus vat without any vacuum extraction. The model that will be large enough to work with the above sheet size is the F105. Below is a link

http://www.bionicasystems.com/superm...eestanding.php

Having read a fair bit on here, I see many are using Chinese machines, in particular the Quick CNC k1325. It seems many have delt with Taney Tang so I sent an email onky to find out he has now moved on from quick cnc and can offer alternative to the K1325. The machine suggested was the yishun ys1325.

I must be honest I'm not sure if these are over or under spec'ed for 2d router work? Is there any other options I should be considering? I do have some plans to do some sign making work also so that may have to be taken into consideration perhaps...

One last question is I'll need to learn the design package, I've worked with alot of software offshore so hopfully with time I can pick it up fairly well, however which package should I put my efforts into to successfully design the furniture to be cut on the CNC router.

Any help is much appreciated and I look forward to hearing you guys feedback.

Many thanks
    Paul

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I've looked at a few machines to date but really not sure what is best for me. From the UK I contacted bionica systems which have a machine at 13k plus vat without any vacuum extraction. The model that will be large enough to work with the above sheet size is the F105. Below is a link
    Paul welcome to the forum.

The link you refired to used to be Machant Dice if you do a search on that you will see a lot of reviews

I actually have the misfortune to look after one the same size you are looking at.

There is a guy on this forum that could make you a machine of that size either a vertical one of standard type. I have seen both types that he has built.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Paul welcome to the forum.

The link you refired to used to be Machant Dice if you do a search on that you will see a lot of reviews

I actually have the misfortune to look after one the same size you are looking at.

There is a guy on this forum that could make you a machine of that size either a vertical one of standard type. I have seen both types that he has built.
    Thanks alot Clive.

So bionica used to be Machant Dice if I understand you correctly?

So rather than buying from a company, guys are building and selling? If so how does the quality compare etc.

Thanks again
    Paul

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Paul welcome to the forum.
    There will be no comparison between the two suppliers, one will be fit for purpose.
    Regards
    Mike

Thanks for the welcome Mike,

When you mention the two suppliers, would that be between bionica and the Chinese systems or between the self built machines and the rest of the companies. Which is fit for purpose just to be clear also sorry...

Thanks
    Paul

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I suspect Clive and Mike are referring to Jazz who used to frequent this site, as he made quite a few machines, however he's currently out of action.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

The Bionica machines are the same old tat they sold under their previous Marchant Dice "brand"
    Jazz builds pro quality machines designed for the customer's needs.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smityp116 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Mike,

When you mention the two suppliers, would that be between bionica and the Chinese systems or between the self built machines and the rest of the companies. Which is fit for purpose just to be clear also sorry...

Thanks
    Paul
    Paul check your PM
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information