. .
    Hi,

It's a long story, but a couple of weeks ago I ended up with a large sample management system built for laboratories. There are some problems with the pneumatic systems and because it is not sought after that much anymore it's not worth fixing, but after a quick test with Tecnik's test software the robotics appear to work well.

It comes in a metal enclosure with a gas-spring acrylic hood that will be perfect for the large format 3D printer I need to build soon. The plan was to salvage the working parts and sell those I don't need to help finance the new machine. Among those I don't need might be the servo motors, I am tempted to try and use them in the 3D printer, but even though they are relatively small they still feel a bit overkill for this purpose.

My objective with this post is to ask you for a rough estimation of these part's worth, so I can sell them for a fair price for both me and the buyer.
    Here is what I've got, all branded Teknic:
    One servo motor M-2330-FH
    One servo motor M-2330-XH
    One servo motor M-2330-FH (bolted to a small gearbox)
    One servo motor M-2348-FH (larger than the other servos, bolted to a gearbox) EDIT: probably a brake, not a gearbox, see 3rd post.
    Four SST-1500 servo drives, one for each motor
    Four TG-540 trajectory generators, one for each driver
    One NC-540 network controller, connected to the trajectory generators and to the embedded computer
    One SSt-3PS12-75 75V power supply that provides power to the servos

I also have a OPTO 22 i/o module with an extension board, but it was not used directly by Teknic's systems.

Here are a couple of photos:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0WjSzVs.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	25356  
    Last edited by CocasDaNeve; 22-01-2019 at 10:21 PM.

not sure what they are worth, but I would be interested in the motors and drivers

Slight update: trying to ascertain the value of these parts online, I believe I've mistaken the device coupled to the larger motor with a gearbox. Looking more closely, there is a cable coming out of it, it appears to be a brake:

Ok, so after a thorough internet search (where I was surprised that the motors were consistently considerably more expensive than the drivers), here is what I came up with:
    M-2330-FH - 200 euros
    M-2330-XH - 200 euros
    M-2330-FH - 200 euros (without the gearbox)
    M-2348-FH - 275 euros (including the brake)
    SST-1500 - 120 euros each
    TG-540 - 50 euros each
    NC-540 - 50 euros

SSt-3PS12-75 75V supply - unless someone buys everything and asks for it I'll keep it.

Or 1500 euros for the lot. I would prefer selling everything together, this way the wiring looms that connect all the parts are included and I don't have to cut anything.

All the motors have 8,000 counts/rev sensors attached.

The prices are slightly below the average of the minimum and maximum I've found, I didn't go to the lowest price because I reckon these are in as good a state as an used servo can be, moving the small robotic manipulator they were subjected to minimal loads and they worked inside a machine that filtered the intake air for cooling, so no dust inside for the most part.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by CocasDaNeve; 23-01-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Good luck, I think the prices you're basing this on are from optimistic sellers with stock and no need to sell, I can buy a new obsolete Siemens VFD for my power hacksaw for £1000, or I can go for a new model from Siemens for £100 if I shop around and can wait.
    Check Zapp Automation's site to see what similar or higher spec drives and motors can be bought for new with warranty.
    Last edited by magicniner; 24-01-2019 at 11:39 PM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Good luck, I think the prices you're basing this on are from optimistic sellers with stock and no need to sell, I can buy a new obsolete Siemens VFD for my power hacksaw for £1000, or I can go for a new model from Siemens for £100 if I shop around and can wait.
    That's why I am asking.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Check Zapp Automation's site to see what similar or higher spec drives and motors can be bought for new with warranty.
    Thanks for the link, cool store.
    These were the closest I could find:
    https://www.zappautomation.co.uk/smh...rvo-motor.html
    https://www.zappautomation.co.uk/fd4...vo-driver.html

I couldn't find 8000 count per revolution servos, but that one is similar otherwise. These motors seem better, but the more modern drivers appear more flexible regarding I/O and probably have more modern software on the PC side. Still, a similar setup there would cost 2300 euros, which does indeed make my 1500 euros estimation a bit unreasonable. I reckon I'll put them on eBay for 800 euros, if it doesn't sell quickly I might just keep them.

Thread Information