. .

Thread: Hi folks

Hi, new to here. I have been CNCing on a relatively simple level for about 18yrs through work (teaching/helping kids realise designs). Started out with Denford Micromills and a Roland CAMM3 PNC 3000 and have moved on to Denford Microrouters, Novamill, CR10 mini and Ender3 3D printers.
    Software wise it has been the normal educational stuff, Techsoft 2D Design, PTC Pro Desktop, Deskproto, Denford VR milling and now Fusion 360,

At home I am converting an old Denford Starturn 5 from DOS control to windows but as it is just prior to the Novaturn and I have the software I will be putting the newer denford control in. Once that's done Ill get to work on a Boxford 260 mill that's stood in the corner, I really don't like the boxford software (think I have spent to long with Denford stuff) but might give it another go before I decide if I'm going to gut the control and go mach 3. That will be a cost driven decision as I have the Boxford software and it works (just don't like it).

I tend to make thing to help me make things or to replace things that have got broken.

I know very little on G-Code as a language but understand the concept of operation. The joys of software in education, CAD a drawing, load it into a post processor, tell it the cutters and material and it does it for you. Still getting head round Fusion post processor as I know how to use the denford stuff I just load the STL into that.

Look forward to find things out

Pete

Hi there Pete. I see you have worked on Roland camm 3's , I would be interested if they have one older model for sale.

Thread Information