. .
    Hi, I would like to use a tool zeroing touch plate on my machine. The smoothstepper is the Msio-m from cs-labs. But I just don,t know how to wire it up or set it up with mach3. Can anyone please help me out. Thanks

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    There is an option to assign any input as probe. If you follow the CS Labs manual, it will show how. You can then select the correct input / pin in Mach 3's menu system under ports and pins (or pins and ports), dont remember which.

Thanks for getting back, I must be thick, it talks about tool measurement probe but gives know detail how to wire it.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    Thanks for getting back, I must be thick, it talks about tool measurement probe but gives know detail how to wire it.
    The wiring and port / pin assignment is all in the CS Labs manual.

Assuming you have installed the system, this should be easy to sort. If not and you are trying to add a probe with no knowledge, it might be tricky.

I can give you a call and explain roughly how it works, let me know if this will help.

Hi. The miso-m smoothstepper is all working on the machine. I am in Stockholm at this time. So calls would be deal. I am sure it’s just a case of taking a wire from the miso-m to the probe and a wire from the probe to the metal of the spindle but that’s as far as I can get. What I need to know is what side of the miso-m to take the wire from, ie input or output side. What PIN number to use if that matters and do I need to feed a return wire back to the miso-m from the probe or spindle and if so to which pin. I am a electrical fool.

Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    Hi. The miso-m smoothstepper is all working on the machine. I am in Stockholm at this time. So calls would be deal. I am sure it’s just a case of taking a wire from the miso-m to the probe and a wire from the probe to the metal of the spindle but that’s as far as I can get. What I need to know is what side of the miso-m to take the wire from, ie input or output side. What PIN number to use if that matters and do I need to feed a return wire back to the miso-m from the probe or spindle and if so to which pin. I am a electrical fool.
    PM me your number and Ill see if i can help remotely.

Thread Information