. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all,
    I'm very new in the industrial CNC so I have a problem which probably will sound funny for more of you but I've spend lots of time to find how to setup zero offset on WinNC Sinumerik 810D/840D. This is a Emco PC Mill 155. I'm following step by step the manual but G54 zero is never where I'm tried to save it. I have setup properly the Base offset and in MDA G0 X0 Y0 Z0 everything is fine and machine going right there but if I put G54 machine going on the same wrong place in the table and if I tried to put G54 X0 Y0 there is error message ' X axis is out of software limit' Seems like my offset is not saved. I miss up something but still don't know what :( Could you please give me step-by-step procedure how to find the material zero point. Any help is very welcome!
    Thank you in advance!!!

Hi. I use 810d controls so if you can post a pic of you work offset screen I can compare with my machine and see where it is going wrong

Hi. I'll make a video tomorrow to upload on Youtube. Should be better I think. Thanks for your reply!

no probs. i'll check back tomorrow

Hi. Here is a Youtube link with the short video showing how I can't save the G54 position. Sorry for the annoying music on the background :) I've tried to save it under MDA and Automatic and Determine WO but still the same. Thank you in advance!
    https://youtu.be/0m7qHg7FRrA
    Last edited by Maxiscnc; 20-02-2019 at 03:33 PM.

so I've had a look at your video and I am sure that the work offset is correct as the two figures where the machine moves to are the same distance apart as the difference in the work offsets that you changed.
    I think the problem is in the base setting which is where the offsets come from. could you show a pic of where your base value is set. on our machines the base x and y value is set to zero.

Thanks John. I’ll post some pictures tomorrow. I’ve changed the base offset a while ago and now I'm not sure how to reset it to the system default. Many thanks for your reply! Regards, Angel

Hi John. For some reason I can’t upload pictures at the moment. There is error message when trying to upload. Anyway, I have check many stuff on this control today and I can make my own zero offset ( G54 ... G57 .. ) but only way to do it is manual. I have to calculate the distance betwin the base zero position and material. On my Base Work Offset I have X 118 / Y -14 / Z 88. I still can’t do it in the automatic way :(

hi max. there is your problem with your base work offset. x and y should be zero. if you look at your video that you took, your g54 offset that you set was approx. x216.xxx and when the machine moved it moved to x334.xxx which is 118mm more. once you set your base to x0 y0 your work offsets will move to the correct place. this base figure is where all the other offsets come from, so also beware of your z offset being 88. My z offset is set to zero aswell so all my z offsets in g54-7 are a positive figure above the bed. I hope this has helped you.

I’ll try this tomorrow and will let you know. Thanks John!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information