. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hello all,

For many of you with CNCs/Lathes etc, you will be keenly aware that the vision panels on your machines amass dirt and damage over time!

Hamilton Erskine offers you high quality replacements or spares. I hope you take the time to review our offering and all the best!

Who are we?

Hamilton Erskine manufactures Tecdur® MachineSafe which is a range of CNC vision panels designed to meet required standards; BS EN ISO 23125:2015 or BS EN 16090:2018.

Do you need them?

• Yes, if your existing panels have been damaged or deteriorated by working lubricants over time (impact resistance; aging)

• Yes, if you want/need to improve your safety levels. All panels are manufactured to match existing or enhanced safety levels of your panels.

Benefits of Tecdur® MachineSafe

• To knowledge, we're the ONLY U.K based manufacturer of bespoke vision panels for CNCs, Lathes etc.

• Manufactured to suit any machine/brand.

• Tecdur® MachineSafe panels are designed to last the life of any machine.

• We're competitively priced and maintain a strong lead time.

• Panels can be manufactured with: Glass (One side), Glass (both sides), With an air cavity and stepped.

Want a quote for replacement windows or just spares?

Email [email protected] or call me 07851046638 with your dimensions (W x H x T) and machine/model. Or visit our website.

Are your panels warranted against impacts that polycarbonate would deflect without failure or fracture?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

3. Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Are your panels warranted against impacts that polycarbonate would deflect without failure or fracture?
    Thanks for your question! Our panels are warranted to meet the latest BS EN ISO standards for CNC Machine safety vision panels. These standards are stringent.

I hope this answers your question and of course I am happy to help further.

I'll take your avoidance of a direct question as a "No" and confirmation that glass will still be cracked by impacts which merely dent polycarb.

5. Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I'll take your avoidance of a direct question as a "No" and confirmation that glass will still be cracked by impacts which merely dent polycarb.
    Whilst polycarbonate does not crack like glass, having polycarbonate only windows does not meet the Health & Safety BS EN ISO standards as polycarbonate is quickly chemically degraded by machine working fluids (MWFs) (you may have some very old ‘white’ panels?). Polycarbonate, is however, the best material to provide the protection so the layer of glass is there to protect the polycarbonate from the MWFs. Polycarbonate is also easily scratched by swarf so the glass helps with that too.

The ejection of part/s always presents a risk of cracking to glass yet, dependent on glass thickness, this can be mitigated against. For example, 8mm glass is less likely to crack than 4mm and we use 4,5,6,8 and even 10mm facing glass.

I hope this provides some clarity. If you need further assistance, I am happy to respond here or via my email above.

6. If anyone has any questions, I am more than happy to answer.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisF Tecdur For This Useful Post:

8. Hi guys,

If anyone would like me to send information on our vision panels or answer questions, I would be happy to help.

Also, if you represent a company and the nature of that entity is a CNC Service Engineers, machine tools etc, I can provide a competitive commercial quote based on several machines/models/dimensions.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisF Tecdur For This Useful Post:

10. I hope you all enjoyed the Easter break and of course the good weather!

Regarding this thread, as always I'm open to answering any questions you may have as to our product, performance etc.

I'm also conscious that a great deal of users have viewed the thread. We're an open minded company and would like to invite feedback too, so if anybody wishes to add a comment, suggestion etc please feel free.

There aren't a huge number of members here with machines with glass panels likely to need replacement, most that do have either ex-educational, home built or new equipment, it's not a particularly fertile hunting ground for sales of aftermarket transparent panels, add to that the level of all around DIY experience and I'll bet that most, like me would source and fit suitable replacement materials locally.
    If a panel gets broken on my new machine I'll replace it with laminated glass and apply a transparent film to the outside.

12. Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    There aren't a huge number of members here with machines with glass panels likely to need replacement, most that do have either ex-educational, home built or new equipment, it's not a particularly fertile hunting ground for sales of aftermarket transparent panels, add to that the level of all around DIY experience and I'll bet that most, like me would source and fit suitable replacement materials locally.
    If a panel gets broken on my new machine I'll replace it with laminated glass and apply a transparent film to the outside.
    Thank you for the reply. In fact, this is not too distant from my own assessment.

I know the audience here consists of enthusiasts though I expected more industry professionals to be active/present.

Nevertheless, If our product can satisfy even one member, then my presence will be worth while.

I

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information