. .
    Hi All,

I have just bought a 2.2kW Chinese spindle and a Huanyang 2.2kW inverter:

This spindle:
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/EU-2-2KW-220...72.m2749.l2649

and this inverter:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/At-DE-2-2KW-...iV7H:rk:1:pf:0

I bought this combination because the motor is a TIR < 10um, and I was of the impression that Huanyang inverters are the better of the cheaper inverters (which is what I may currently afford).

As it is I am currently "running in" the motor and VFD and here I notice that there are some vibrations in the motor ... I have placed the motor on a bit of flexible foam and although the vibrations are not "large" they are noticable, even if the spindle motor is free-running, i.e. no end mills or anything attached. I have run the motor from 3000 rpm to ~ 10000 rpm by now.

It also seems to me that the vibrations may at least in part be electronically generated - by this I mean that it seems that it could be some kind of electronic "imprecision" of the HY inverter that causes the spindle to vibrate. I say this because at low frequencies it was quite noticeable that the inverter caused "fluttery" spindle motor rotation and this appeared to continue when the rpm was increased ...

Does this sound far off or might it be possible? And if it is possible might one of you know if there is a parameter(s) in the HY inverter that can be set up to amend for this?

Another option of course also is that I am noticing something which is quite normal for a spindle, however, I just would have expected a spindle with a TIR < 10um to run very smoothly ...

I'd appreciate any insights from people here ...

Cheers,

Jesper
    Last edited by evalon; 25-02-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Hi again ... A P.S. to my first post. On the motor specification plate there is some information that I don't exactly know how to use - and as I am thinking that maybe it matters in this context I have attached a photo of it here ... Hope you may just take a glance at it.

Cheers & thanks,

Jesper
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190225_160756.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	25477  

Have you read this forum for the correct VFD parameters?

Hi paulus ... Thanks for the tip! I have now looked and set up my drive similarly. There wasn't really many differences between the settings that were already in place so I guess this is not what causes the vibrations. But thanks again for the tip ...

Jesper

Thread Information