. .
    Does anybody know how the washers are arranged in the power draw bar. For the Novamill
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

not sure about the novamill but all the other machines I have replaced them on have had 3 with dome up, 3 with dome down etc

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 51 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm sure they're just one each way.

Just found the parts diagram, and it's 27 washers, mounted alternating ways, with the bottom one sitting cone up/it's wide face against the bottom of the housing.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm sure they're just one each way.

Just found the parts diagram, and it's 27 washers, mounted alternating ways, with the bottom one sitting cone up/it's wide face against the bottom of the housing.
    Thanks. I thought you would know. I have 30 coming in the post. Then I can test it out.

edit: Also If I remember I put a 4mm thread in the bottom of the draw bar I presume this is to be adjusted for different length of pull studs. Is the adjustment in the manual?
    Last edited by Clive S; 06-03-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    ..Clive

Ok Belleville washers fitted. Quick vid + pic. https://photos.app.goo.gl/KvMPgAApyS87yns56 Just have to clean it up now.

Do you have the correct torque settings for the stack of washers. Come to think of it I might have put a finer thread on the draw bar
    ..Clive

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 51 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    There's nothing in the manual about adjustment that I can remember. Probably worth having a search over on the Denford forum, or even asking.

I'd guess it'll be a case of adjusting the stack up until the tool doesn't release, then back it of a bit. It's not like you need a huge amount of retention power given the spindle motor fitted to a Novamill.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thanks, I will do a bit more research
    ..Clive

Thread Information