. .
    hi, does anyone know what motors are used on x.y, axis of a connect 21 cnc lathe. or do I need to update the motors to use up to date cnc control using mach3 or 4. thanks.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I think I've archived all my notes for mine.

They are older round style steppers, and upgrading them would give more better performance, but they'd still do the job.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thanks for getting back. Will I be ok just connecting them to up to date drivers and a usb motion controller and leaving the chuck motor running off the inverter.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    They'll be fine with modern drivers.

Spindle motor will depend on what's fitted. If it's a DC motor, beware that the control circuitry for it's driver will be near mains voltage, so if you want to control the speed from a controller, you'll need to ensure it's got an isolated analogue output.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thanks, for information

Thread Information