. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    In this episode we sort out a few issues on the rear axle . . . .!

Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Enjoyed watching this, it took me back to when I had to make a pulley I first made them on the router in mdf to make sure the pitch was correct.

A few picks here including the cock up :- https://photos.app.goo.gl/t5dJpvh7dBWzp9TFA
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thanks a lot for sharing these videos, routercnc. I really enjoy watching them. I'm also working on a CNC machine and now and, thanks to you, I'm also thinking about doing something like this after finishing it. I will try to finish it by next summer because we will buy apartment in Portugal with a garden soon and I want my son to have fun outside.
    Last edited by pratt77; 10-10-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Hi Clive
    Yes, one wrong number in the calculations and the pitch spacing was wrong. An MDF prototype would have been a good idea. By the way I can’t open the pictures on my phone as it needs an app or something.
    I ‘invested’ time writing a spreadsheet that works out the key geometry for any HTD 5 gear size you want. Watch me never need it again !

Hi pratt77
    Thanks. Sounds interesting. Remember you don’t need anything as ambitious as my machine to make small parts. Whatever you build just leave yourself plenty of time as these projects eat up the months !

Finally got some motion on the rear axle . . .

As always, superb work, but you have an awful lot more patience (or engineering pleasure) than myself. Not tempted with shake proof washers on the bolts for the cover?

Thank you. Yes, I think it needs something but clearance is a bit tight to the main plate. I'll see what might fit in there, or probably just loctite it after the first proper run.

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    I ‘invested’ time writing a spreadsheet that works out the key geometry for any HTD 5 gear size you want. Watch me never need it again !
    The rather splendid 'Gearotic' software from Art Fennerty will design many common styles of timing pulley for you, along with gears, gear trains, sprockets, ratchets, clock escapements and more wonders than you could ever imagine. All for one modest updates-for-life payment.

https://www.gear2motion.com/

kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Thanks Kit. Looks very interesting and comprehensive and as it is written or co-written by Art Fennerty (of Mach3 fame) I’m sure it will be a good product
    At $120 I would need to make sure I was going to use it for something though.

Great videos! I left a question on your latest one. More a curiosity really.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information