. .
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Having built my new CNC machine and thought I had better make something fun with it. I had been asking around for anyone with a Kettler type pedal car and I was offered one for free from a friend !

So I've drawn up the CAD, and we are off again on another video series. I need to get this one done quickly though, ideally before the summer, so my young daughter can get the most out of it.

There are some electrics involved later in the project so there may be questions . . . .

Episode 1: Getting started
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Nice project, Have you thought about a remote Osh#~e button
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Nice project, Have you thought about a remote Osh#~e button
    Funnily enough I was talking to a friend about maybe doing that and he showed my the cheap blipper modules on eBay where you can remotely control a set of relays. These could cut power if required and have a 200 m ? range

I’m gearing this to go at a fast jog so hopefully I can keep up, plus there will be an ignition key and isolator on the kart.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

For anyone interested here is episode 2 of the electric kart conversion, making the foot rest and throttle pedal . . . enjoy !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Episode 3 has been out a while for those interested . . .

And here is the new episode 4:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Very nice as always. If I may make a comment have you thought about the ware against the housing of the back of the spur idler gears.

I always enjoy the Vid's
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Very nice as always. If I may make a comment have you thought about the ware against the housing of the back of the spur idler gears.

I always enjoy the Vid's
    Yes I thought about that quite a lot and discussed with colleagues. In the end I decided not to add anything further since they only turn very slowly ( just when cornering perhaps 1 revolution every second or so) and she might grow out of it before serious wear occurs. It will get a dab of grease on final assembly.

Hi routercnc, I am totally new to this site so still getting to grips with it. I tried to send you a message via another thread so I am not sure that will work so apologies if you are reading this for the second time. I was reading your story about how you bought your warco machine as I would like to buy one for the exact same reason you stated in your 2015 post. I just wondered how you feel about it after having it for 4 years and the company in general. I am thinking about the wm250. I am an abslute beginner but do not want to buy a chinese lathe. I would be grateful for your insights and feedback after all this time. Many thanks in advance.

You don't send messages via threads, just click on the intended recipient's name in one of their posts and from the menu which pops up you click Private Message.
    Or start your own thread with a sensible title ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Hi Steven

Apologies I have a lot on at the moment so only drop in here occasionally and don’t always log (therefore pms notifications don’t appear).

I’ll reply here for the benefit of others instead of a pm. I’m guessing you replied to my old lathe thread so when I’m near a pc I’ll copy this over.

I would buy this lathe again without hesitation and don’t regret it one bit. The VFD means easy speed control with loads of torque, it comes with a good 3 jaw & 4 jaw which I use a lot and a face plate which I’ve never used plus fixed and travelling steady rests. It’s quiet and I can make accurate parts on it. Has 3 speed settings for the lead-screw.

I added quick change tool post and DROs from day one and strongly recommend these also.

Be aware this lathe like many similar models are all made in China. Search out Weiss machines (?). But as I say no issues at all and Warco have been fantastic to deal with. I’ve bought lots of stuff from them and been very pleased with their products.

Other similar products are sold by Amadeal, Chester, ArcEuro if you want to have a look around but at the time the Warco was the better spec for the money (on the lathe)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information