. .
    Hi Guys,

My name is Arthur and I was happily running my little Chinese router when it all went wrong. Both the inverter and the PC PSU blewup. Good start.
    Well PC PSU was easy. By a new one and all was well. So what could be difficult about replacing the inverter? Nothing, only an inverter (I bought a Parker AC10) is nothing like a PSU.
    To setup you need to enter motor parameters. OK. Well, I have those. AC10 accepts motor speed of 30,000 rpm..I'm using a (800W / 400Hz/ 5A/ 24,000 motor, so I need 24,000..so all should be well...Should.
    It might be if the idiot designers allowed you to enter the 24,000 they say can be entered. Manually one can only enter four digits! Brilliant!
    Now go and buy the programmer as well - DSE Lite.
    The instructions to use it? It might as well be Chinese. I can't even get off the starting blocks.
    Help, please. What do I do? How do I do it? Preferably words of one syllable...Well, when someone asks for help, you do expect the idiots to be first in line. Sorry.
    (I'm surprised. I did a quick search on this, thinking I can't be the first but didn't quickly find a post...)

Arthur. Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your troubles, Do you have a link to the manual? Which version of the AC10 is it? how many poles does the motor have.
    you should be able to program the vfd from the buttons on the front of the panel by changing parameters. Do you know the reason why it blew up? This could happen if a wire breaks between the motor and the vfd usually at the plug on top of the motor.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hello Clive,

Thank you for coming back. It is genuinely appreciated.
    I'm not with the machine right now (so no answer re the version of AC10 - I'll get back around lunch time - nursing a laser machine this morning. That too fell over at the same time - flow sensor failure here. I only lost a couple of days on that one)
    I'll do what I can to answer the other points:
    Poles? Hah! Nope. So we tried to extrapolate the poles from the auto-tuning info in the manual / part of the initial setup procedure and the best we can ascertain is 2...but unless you can enter the |24,000" it won't accept the value, resting at 4 poles and that doesn't work. Motor gently starts to heat up.
    I'd read on somewhere that you can enter "alternate" values with a sub-division of the motor speed, i.e. a value that would be accepted but that hasn't worked. It has to be programmed in!
    No you cannot program from the display, that is the whole root of the problem. It will not accept this number of fields (5)...hence the need to buy the programmer. How crazy is that?
    All I can say the original Chinese VFD was fairly old and the failure happened mid-cut, so everything was working well. Literally, it went "BANG', tripping out the ring. Checked, Wires are all intact.
    For speed of delivery I bought the AC10 from RS (yes, eyes watering) and then realised the complexity.
    (I've even tried buying a 500W, DC air-cooled motor. The vibration is something else. So that is consigned to the: "I'll sell it on Ebay.."someday"" box!
    Ho hum.

Here's the link to the manual:

http://www.parker.com/Literature/Ele...art%20Iss1.pdf

Poles? Hah! Nope. So we tried to extrapolate the poles from the auto-tuning info in the manual / part of the initial setup procedure and the best we can ascertain is 2...but unless you can enter the |24,000" it won't accept the value, resting at 4 poles and that doesn't work. Motor gently starts to heat up.
    I'd read on somewhere that you can enter "alternate" values with a sub-division of the motor speed, i.e. a value that would be accepted but that hasn't worked. It has to be programmed in!
    If the spindle is one of the type that is generally used on here (2.2kw) then they are 2 pole so go to section 5.1 in the manual and look at F804 it is set to 4 change that to 2.

The speed is altered by changing the frequency so in my opinion (hopefully others with better knowledge will check) F111 should be 400 F112 should be about 120 .
    F802 about 230 F803 what the motor current max is about 5 F114 about 3 F115 about 3

I think that F805 might be 3000

Please try and stick to facts as the waffle clouds them.

Change these at your own risk.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    If the spindle is one of the type that is generally used on here (2.2kw) then they are 2 pole so go to section 5.1 in the manual and look at F804 it is set to 4 change that to 2.

The speed is altered by changing the frequency so in my opinion (hopefully others with better knowledge will check) F111 should be 400 F112 should be about 120 .
    F802 about 230 F803 what the motor current max is about 5 F114 about 3 F115 about 3

I think that F805 might be 3000

Please try and stick to facts as the waffle clouds them.

Change these at your own risk.
    HI Clive,
    Thanks. But that is what I was saying. When you try to change the poles from 4 to 2, you get an error code. It will not accept the value...it all starts with the need to enter that wretched 24,000 rpm and nothing else and to do that it needs to be programmed in via the DSE Lite.
    (BTW: We did tried the 3,000 rpm...that is when the motor immediately ran warm!)
    So, back to square 1.
    How to use the DSE Lite?

My first post ��

I took delivery of my Parker AC10 2.2KW VFD last Friday, I also purchased a Rattm 2.2kw spindle motor off ebay.

Here is my setup Note* Done with the keypad.

F160 = 1- Reset to default
    F801 = 2.2 – Rated motor power (kW)
    F802 = 220 – Rated motor Voltage
    F803 = 8 - Rated motor Current (A)
    F804 = 2 – Number of poles (Don’t worry if this is not correctly (Note F800))
    F805 = 24000 –Rated motor Speed RPM (Press up arrow until the decimal point moves)
    F810 = 400 - Rated motor frequency
    F111 = 400 -Max Frequency
    F112 = 116.6 – Min Frequency (Hz) (7000~ RPM
    F113 = 116.6 – Target Frequency (Hz) (7000~ RPM)
    F114 = 2 – First acceleration
    F115 = 2 – First Deceleration
    F152 = 55 – Output voltage corresponding to turnover frequency. (220/400) X 100 = 55
    F800 = 1 - Rotating tuning - Note requires a free running spindle NO load

Hi Jonathan.

thanks a lot for that. Never mind the fiasco getting the programmer to work. In frustration I'd since bought another VFD. This one setup a lot more easily and I'm up and running...I am, however, still left with the original unit so this might well help!
    : - )

Thread Information