. .

Thread: Skyfire cnc's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This guy here seems to have a bit of experience with the skyfire, although I think he has now moved on to Syil

https://www.youtube.com/user/DCTTeac...?query=skyfire

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    I would take £17k ex vat for the lot.
    given a brand new base model is £15k new I'll pass but thanks for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by needleworks View Post
    This guy here seems to have a bit of experience with the skyfire, although I think he has now moved on to Syil

https://www.youtube.com/user/DCTTeac...?query=skyfire
    The reason I'm very interested in the skyfire is cos it will fit through my gate and down the side of my house. The syil won't

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    given a brand new base model is £15k new I'll pass but thanks for the offer.
    It’s not, I think they start at about £21k delivered now. I know they increased the price but not sure how much by. Plus all the tooling there’s about £25k worth of stuff there in a bundle ready to go with all (I think) the bad bits corrected. Besides at just a little over 6 months old it basically is a brand new machine.

Then if you’re not paying in cash keep in mind there’s an eye watering amount of interest in order to finance something off a small, unknown Chinese company who don’t even bother to answer their phone.
    Last edited by Snapper; 29-03-2019 at 02:10 PM.

If you were selling for 15 including vat we would be exchanging contact details

It’s not, I think they start at about £21k delivered now. I know they increased the price but not sure how much by. Plus all the tooling there’s about £25k worth of stuff there in a bundle ready to go with all (I think) the bad bits corrected. Besides at just a little over 6 months old it basically is a brand new machine.

Then if you’re not paying in cash keep in mind there’s an eye watering amount of interest in order to finance something off a small, unknown Chinese company who don’t even bother to answer their phone.

Look into proper professional industrial machine moving companies, you could get a Syil X7 craned over your house :D
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Look into proper professional industrial machine moving companies, you could get a Syil X7 craned over your house :D
    I wish, power and phone are both over head cables going to my house. so unlikely there would be enough room

can you use a touch probe and z height setter with this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    can you use a touch probe and z height setter with this machine?
    There is an automatic tool probe included with it.

Not sure about the spindle probe, there is the probe input so it could definitely be done one way or another. But truth be told it’s not necessary the tschorn is basically a manual spindle probe with a clock on it, you can do all the same things with it other than in process control, and it’s so accurate, fast and easy to use for setting X, Y and Z.

It’s the same as a Haimer, you may have heard of those?
    Last edited by Snapper; 31-03-2019 at 11:43 AM.

I've got a Tschorn for picking up stock positions on my Syil X7, I'm not sure it's capable of the precision for feature locations on parts to the same repeatability as the axis positioning on my machine though.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information