. .

Thread: Skyfire cnc's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I've got a Tschorn for picking up stock positions on my Syil X7, I'm not sure it's capable of the precision for feature locations on parts to the same repeatability as the axis positioning on my machine though.
    If it’s properly dialled in its accurate to microns I think. They do like to loosen up so if supreme accuracy is required it’s best to check it before each measurement. My renishaw is no different but the difference is with that you can leave a ring gauge on the table and automatically calibrate it to compensate for any error which takes about 10 seconds. I’m fairly certain my tschorn is more accurate than the skyfire, particularly when things start cutting, although I’ve used it on parts with 4 setups and not had any issues getting them to spec. It’s immaterial anyway in my opinion because at those sorts of tolerances when a tschorn becomes a liability we are talking 6 figure machines in air conditioned shops.

One thing I would say is never to back off with it, always measure in the same direction, it does seem to stick a little when reversing which can throw things off slightly. If you do overshoot then back all the way off and approach again.

The base model is repeatable to 0.01mm, they are not free with the information but the more expensive models may be better.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Avoid skyfire. No support, no response from factory. Won't be able to get spare parts, just about all that have bought have been disappointed. This isn't the first time defeng from skyfire has done this, he was selling machines under a different name that went out of business.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cncchris View Post
    Avoid skyfire. No support, no response from factory. Won't be able to get spare parts, just about all that have bought have been disappointed. This isn't the first time defeng from skyfire has done this, he was selling machines under a different name that went out of business.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
    Pretty much. I’ve had a number of issues and all but one either I or George managed to rectify without the slow and ponderous help of skyfire. I have received all spare parts I’ve needed (things that were either wrong on the original shipment or broke due to faults with the machine) some did take awhile to actually get them sent out though. But nearly everything is off the shelf, the only proprietary things on the machine are the breakout board and the ATC driver board. The ATC board is a very simple thing which can be replaced with a few relays if needed (I had to for the first couple of months as the board went bang as soon as I powered it up the first time). The breakout board is a breakout board.

If buying new I would definitely recommend staying away, it’s just not worth all the hassle finding and resolving everything they’ve either done wrong or simply not bothered to do at the factory. Many scrapped parts, days (weeks in total) of down with the machine in bits. I think I should probably have done it all now, it’s been running flawlessly for weeks and still in use. Or at least just buy the hardware which is actually pretty good and fit all your own electrics to it. And definitely don’t buy direct! I am so glad I just got to pass my issues on to George and let him stay up til stupid hours or wake up before the birds to keep nagging and chasing them up about things and tear his hair out trying to get through to them

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    . . . had a number of issues and all but one either I or George managed to rectify without the slow and ponderous help of skyfire.
    Reckon you and George should volunteer to help your government, By all accounts it seems that they are rather slow and ponderous . . . . . . .
    Last edited by AndyGuid; 05-04-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Andy, if only...

But as the boys have said, think "Plague" when considering a Skyfire. We only really have them on the site so people stop by and we can point them toward the light.

Syil have been freaking AWESOME, am on the skype and messenger to their CEO on most mornings and they are hugely receptive to improvments. We are averaging around 3 machines a month in my regions (UK,IRE,EU) so I must say, am very very happy.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Hi, Sadly I find that the equivalent sized Syil just does not quite have the travel I was after so, even with the adverse comments I would consider it. As a newbie on this site I've not yet found if personal messaging is possible so please indicate if youd like me to offer my email.

Quote Originally Posted by steeve View Post
    Hi, Sadly I find that the equivalent sized Syil just does not quite have the travel I was after so, even with the adverse comments I would consider it. As a newbie on this site I've not yet found if personal messaging is possible so please indicate if youd like me to offer my email.
    Hi Steeve,

what are the travels you are after? you can reach out on by mailing me on info at emvioeng.com.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

For that kind of money a good second hand japanese or German machine could be bought
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information