. .

Thread: Skyfire cnc's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    So what do we know about these machines, they look very good on paper.

Am just waiting for a quote

http://www.skyfirecnc.com/picshow.asp?id=36

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Speak to Komatias on here (aka Emvio Engineering - emvioeng.com), as he was officially importing them, although there are currently no machines listed on his website, and he is now importing Syil machines.

There was a huge thread about Skyfire on CNCzone, and the early buyers had to wait for a very long time before eventually getting there machines, but I've not seen much about them lately.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Join, read and follow the FaceBook Skyfire Owners Groups before making a decision.
    Factory support and even communication seems to be less than it should be.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Join, read and follow the FaceBook Skyfire Owners Groups before making a decision.
    Factory support and even communication seems to be less than it should be.
    Such a group does not appear when I search fb

Possibly so, Closed Groups are increasingly common on FB and one tends not to have that in mind when you have access, I think George invited me to the groups when I was contemplating the purchase of a Skyfire and before I moved my aspirations up a gear, or several, to the Syil X7.

These links get you to the groups even if not logged into FB so they should at least allow you to see the join request button -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/836895159817180/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/112146499448217/
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Decent iron for the price with shite electrics. Have had numerous problems with mine, aside from the issues it shipped with, by and large down to cheap and nasty sensors that are anything but waterproof, but it looks like it’s finally all sorted and hasn’t skipped a beat for weeks since replacing the last ones.

Might sell it if you’re interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Decent iron for the price with shite electrics. Have had numerous problems with mine, aside from the issues it shipped with, by and large down to cheap and nasty sensors that are anything but waterproof, but it looks like it’s finally all sorted and hasn’t skipped a beat for weeks since replacing the last ones.

Might sell it if you’re interested.
    What machine do you have and with what extras?

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    What machine do you have and with what extras?
    SVM2-VMC new July 2018
    10k spindle with ceramic bearings
    3.7kw spindle motor (currently hooked up to 2.2kw VFD for single phase, also have 4kw VFD for 3 phase input)
    12 station ATC
    Adtech 5 axis capable control with rigid tapping
    MPG
    Electronic tool probe which I’ve never used
    Spindle coolant ring
    It’s got the stronger coolant pump and better bearing supports
    The crappy sensors have been swapped out for genuine Panasonic and Omron
    It’s had a new X axis servo motor with a proper IP68 rated connector on it, to replace the OG molex connector wrapped in electrical tape it shipped with
    Modified the lower door runner (ie all the ball bearings have burst out so it no longer gets jammed with chips. HUGE improvement!)

Also included would be a large amount of BT30 tooling (er chucks, set screw holders and 2x hydraulic milling chucks), a BT30 assembly pot, a tschorn 3D taster and an assortment of tnuts.

On top of that all the usual gear, servo’s on each axis, C3 ballscrews, footmaster castors with levelling feet, etc etc. I also have all the gear to add a proper wash down gun and a filter on the coolant, which has been sitting here awhile. Might put it all on today actually if I get chance.
    Last edited by Snapper; 29-03-2019 at 10:08 AM.

How much do you want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    How much do you want for it?
    I would take £17k ex vat for the lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information