Hi sorry if this is in the incorrect place, but i have built a Cnc machine all ali but i have a fault with the estops
    the cable for the motors is all shielded but the Estops are not, they use five core telephone cable.
    i think its the Earths .
    i have a filter before the vfd which is plugged in to my garage socket, the vfd is out side of my control box and then the wire to the spindle which is shielded.
    the motors have shielded cable but are not earthed. the top and bottom of it is i am crap at electrics and need to know what to earth and what not to earth
    and where, if some one could point me in the right direction that would be a great help.

I use Estlcam Cam software
    with and Arduino
    Nema 23 Longs
    Longs DM542A drivers

Cheers

Something which sometimes makes a difference is to separate the mains supply to your VFD and control system.
    Try running your VFD from an extension lead plugged into the farthest possible socket from that which is feeding your control system.
    You could try swapping your E stop cables for twisted pair which are less susceptible to interference than straight cables.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Southampton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Hours Ago Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 37. Received thanks 17 times, giving thanks to others 4 times.
    Out of interest, what voltage are you running on the E-Stop line?

I assume he's solved his problem and can't be arsed to feed back to the forum he asked for help.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D