. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Hi,

I have 2 CNC lathes since I bought a Hembrug lathe recently and would like to sell / swap my Harrison M300 CNC lathe. This runs off a 220V Single Phase supply.

I bought this lathe about a year ago, part converted to CNC. Mechanicals were done, steppers installed but it had no control board etc.

Ive since installed Centroid Acorn which I use exclusively on all my machines. This has the Centroid Acorn Pro license which allows, amongst others, rigid tapping, threading, full conversational CAM etc. More info about these boards can be found here - https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid...ontroller.html

The machine itself is in reasonable condition but looks a bit tatty. Ive just painted the drip tray as this had lost most of its paint over the years, looks better already. The rest could be painted without too much of a fuss.

The machine runs with an encoder which allows for tapping / threading etc. I have also replaced the spindle motor which burnt out which, from memory is a 2.2KW unit, similar what was on before.

The existing gearbox setup still works, Centroid is currently setup that I only use 1 ratio and with a VFD gives me from 0 to 2500 RPM. There is a higher gear and other gear ratios which can be programmed into Centroid to allow for gearing.

The bed looks fairly good, normal wear and tear marks. I took a dial guage and went across the bed, sweeping from one side to the 'V' on the other and was finding no more than 0.02mm of difference, likely small highspots which could be stoned out.

The stepper motors are fairly old but work OK. These could easily be upgraded for something more powerful / larger. The Stepper power supply is a Leadshine 70V unit, loads of grunt there, connected to some good Leadshine Stepper drives (EM806 from memory). The Z ballscrew is 16mm, I think X is similar.

The lathe had a small ATC but I found that it couldnt deal with load under parting, so have removed this and installed a Dickson QCTP and comes with 4 holders. Any new owner could easily swap this for the QCTP of their choice as needed. The machine weighs circa 600 kg, was delivered to me on a pallet, so is fairly easy to transport.

The lathe has a Pratt Burnerd 3 Jaw chuck, showing its age but certainly works OK. The through bore size for the Harrison is 39mm, there is no restriction in terms of access via the side of the machine as the encoder is mounted off a shaft adjacent to the main spindle.

There is a full flood coolant system which works. I just need to reconnect the VFD to power the small 3 phase motor for the coolant. It could run on single phase however the small VFDs are fairly cheap and controlled via the software without issue.

The machine has only had 2 home switches previously connected which Ive removed since installing the QCTP. I'm happy to reinstall these and wire up new limit switches. Ive got some switches, need to look for ideal mounting positions for them. The wiring will be tidied up once the 2nd VFD has been reinstalled for the coolant pump and the wiring completed for the limit / home switches.

Summary, good solid basic level toolroom Harrison M300 with CNC ability. Connected to the awesome Centroid Acorn system, comes with all licenses, a small Dell PC to run the system, preconfigured and working. It will also come with a 22 - 24inch monitor, mounted on a stand which will be included.

I'd like to sell for circa £3K which includes all the bits, PC, Centroid etc. The Windows 10 is not activated and would need a license (for it to be legal). Centroid only runs on Windows 10. You can also get an MPG for this however Ill include a shuttle controller which can be used as a MPG as this makes controlling the machine easier than via mouse / keyboard / touchscreen.

I'd also be open to offers for other hardware / tools / machines or a part trade, cash either way. Things I am looking for (no order of preference or priority) - these can be 3 phase as I can probably run most things off a VFD:

Surface Grinder
    Radial Grinder (machine or mountable system)
    Bench Grinder
    Belt Grinder
    Plasma cutter
    Laser cutter
    Horizontal Bandsaw
    Wood Tablesaw
    Shaper
    Plate bending machine
    Pipe bending machine
    Spark / Wire eroder
    4th Axis / Dividing Heads

Ill upload some pics shortly. I am based in West London (near Uxbridge), only a few miles from the M40 / M25 crossover junction.
    Last edited by Chaz; 24-04-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-24 at 08.41.09 (3).jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	25707

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-24 at 08.41.09 (2).jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	25708

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-24 at 08.41.09 (1).jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	25709

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-24 at 08.41.09.jpg 
Views:	663 
Size:	337.9 KB 
ID:	25710

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-24 at 08.41.10 (5).jpg 
Views:	775 
Size:	363.5 KB 
ID:	25711

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-24 at 08.41.10 (4).jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	285.4 KB 
ID:	25712

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-24 at 08.41.10 (3).jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	295.1 KB 
ID:	25713

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-24 at 08.41.10 (2).jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	262.6 KB 
ID:	25714

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-24 at 08.41.10 (1).jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	264.0 KB 
ID:	25715

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-24 at 08.41.10.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	25716

Ive decided to clean up the lathe, so wont be available for a bit whilst I sort.

Hi,

Ive done a lot of work on the machine and have listed it on ebay here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harrison-...e/202702677749

It's not a cheap machine and its more expensive than I had listed it for before. The machine has had a full bare metal repaint, MPG now included (Acorn MPG isnt cheap), new Nema 34 12.5 NM Z motor and I am trying to avoid ebayers looking at it offering me something ridiculous. Its a decent machine (Harrison M300 are well regarded), that has a very decent CNC system on it and its ready to make parts, all running off a 220V plug. Reasonable offers welcome, would consider exchanges / swaps with items I listed in my first post. I'm not desperate to sell but wouldnt mind the space back. Please send me a PM if you want to discuss, happy to provide my number.

Name:	Main.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	317.4 KB 
ID:	25875

Looks well decent Chaz nice one, question if I may?

Do you ever sleep?
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Looks well decent Chaz nice one, question if I may?

Do you ever sleep?
    Yes, with medication :-)

Thanks for the comment, when do you want it delivered?

lol

I wish !
    .Me

Lester, you messaged me on ebay regarding the machine, can you PM me here please instead? Will save some cash not using that option for a sale unless you'd prefer that. Thanks.
    Last edited by Chaz; 30-07-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Lester, you messaged me on ebay regarding the machine, can you PM me here please instead? Will save some cash not using that option for a sale unless you'd prefer that. Thanks.
    Doesn't seem as though I have permission to send pms?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information