. .
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Needing to have a clear out, and these might be of use to somebody.

Both of these were removed from my Conect lathe.

The main control board is a Conqueror design & engineering M441 Control Card (only X & Z drive sections are populated), and is untested.

The Cheetah-II drive is faulty. Whenever you connect a motor to it, and try to power it, it pulls lots of current from the mains, but the motor struggles to turn and sounds very rough.

If you want either, all I'm looking for is enough to cover postage costs.
    If there are no takers, they'll be in next weeks bin.

Hi M_C,
    I'm interested in the Congueror M441 control card.
    Do you have any more info on the card as I cannot find it on their website!!

Peter

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It's an old card, originally developed during the BBC Micro era.
    It's similar to the one on the right of the top photo on this page - Conqueror Design & Engineering Ltd - CNC control cards, stepper motor drives, CAD/CAM, CNC software, EaziCNC except it's not got the central orange connector at the top, or any of the bits to drive that stepper.

It basically takes a serial input from a computer, and runs it through a serial to parallel chip to drive everything.

I've got something similar if you want it. Came from a Sheshto conect 121. I've even got the BBC micro.

Thanks M_C and Jazzcnc but they sound to old to be compatible with my 2005 CDE cnc2, I was jts musing on getting spare parts!!
    Thanks again.

Peter

Hi,
    Are the conqueror control boards still available?

I think they've all been thrown out.

I'll check when I get home next week, as I'm currently sat in France.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I think they've all been thrown out.

I'll check when I get home next week, as I'm currently sat in France.
    Thanks m_c,
    My Conect Cadet uses the original boards and software but I wanted to see if the Conqueror board would work.
    Enjoy your time in France.

Thread Information