. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have been dabbling in the motor sheet, and found motors that would work, but i hit a couple road blocks...

The weirdest one was not finding german stores that sell steppers. I could only find one real store, that sells for okay prices, but even that one only sells to companies. The general electronics sites here, only sell steppers for horrendous prices, and only around about 10 different models max.

Another issue I was having with the sheet was the cutting forces and speeds. Is there a good summary of what to aim for, a collection thread of sorts? As it stands I am kind of lost here.

What that post also left open, is what the different types of support (like supported-supported) actually are. What would a ballscrew with its two bearing blocks count as? Supported-Supported?

On the upside, I could find motors that work for the X and Y axis (At the store that only sells to companies). This one in fact: Link. Using the weights I calculated, those motors would manage to get me 7.5m/s rapids as long as the axis is 1.5m long at max, as well as 2.5m/s cutting with 50N of force, a value that i chose at random judging from the values mentioned in the post.
    I did not yet look at a NEMA 23 for the Z-Axis, because of the aforementioned problems I was having with the spreadsheet.

I also attached the spreadsheet with my values, as well as another spreadsheet I used to calc the masses, so that it becomes more transparent.

Another question concerns the other electronics. At this point i am wondering what I need in total. As far as I understood, the following is needed (mostly going off of Joe Harris' Build http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/4513-...0655#post90655):
    • A PSU
    • A Controller
    • A driver per stepper
    • A VFD
    • A Water Pump
    • A Spindle

Am I missing something here? Also, again, is there some kind of collection post of different options for this?

Now, for a bit of a curveball... The problem I am currently running into, is that I am not going to be at the company I am currently at for much longer. They do allow me to use their hardware, however, which would come in really handy, building the machine. I am wondering now, if it would be okay to start ordering parts and building the frame/gantry now, while I still have access to the tools and the mechanical engineers willing to help, in parallel to getting the electronics planned out, or would should i wait to be done with that?

I also want to take a quick second here, and really thank you for all the help you have been providing me. I don't think I could have been here without all of the assistance you provided. Thank you a lot!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information