. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi, I built my first CNC Router (just a "lousy" MPCNC :)) and got a 0,8kw Chinaspindle and Huanyang VFD2,2kw.
    I created a Waterpump solution using 12V supply.
    I would like to only turn the pump on, when the spindle runs. Therefore I wanted to use the DRV/UPF/DCM connectors switching an external Relay on. I already programmed PD050 and PD051 to "1" but I cannot measure anything between these two ports (no matter if spindle is on or off).
    Now I dont have any clue how I could use these 3 ports for this action?

The FA/FB/FC Terminals are already used to switch the CNC off by error.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-08 22_38_22-Window.png 
Views:	462 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	25753  

As FA/FB/FC are com NC and NO, can't you use the other side to indicate if the pump should run?

I.e. use the NO for the pump and NC for the error circuit?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Relay with FA/FB/FC is already in use as an emergency off for the cnc control (motors eg.). Therefore I have to use somehow these Optocouplers.

As you have only one possibility to program FA FB FC, you cant use two functions with it. When I program it to switch only with an error, then the pump will run always except an error occurs. The plan was to switch the pump on, when the spindle starts.

I think I'm missing the point here. Can you not simply 'or' the FOR/REV inputs to actuate a relay to switch the coolant pump?

FOR/REV are inputs ... dont know what you mean.
    Last edited by chefffe; 09-05-2019 at 09:38 PM.

So, use the switched inputs to actuate a relay AS WELL as command the spindle to spin... So the coolant pump is driven by the demand, rather than the spindle status.

I appreciate that this isn't answering your question on the use of the DRV/UPF outputs
    Last edited by Doddy; 09-05-2019 at 09:43 PM.

If this is working I would be fine. Can you tell me how to do it? You mean to actuate an external relay, right? What needs to be connected then where?

Ok, I think I just understood now what you mean. You mean with an extra switch on FOR/REV you turn in parallel a Relay which switch the Pump on. This solution is also not possible, as I need to use the standard control box with display for commands.

Does nobody know how to use these Optocouplers DRV/UPF/DCM?
    Last edited by chefffe; 10-05-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I'm confused.

What stops you from just triggering the VFD from the Run signal, having controller use M codes to close relays and the speed reference local to the board (ie, full Hz). Is there a reason you cannot access the traditional FWD command on the VFD?

Also, what's up with the forum today, very slow, timing out.

I am not sure if we are talking about different things.
    I only operate the VFD with its own terminal. To be honest, I am a complete rookie with CNC and this is my first experience. I am pretty happy that everything works so far :), but having this feature would be the last step I wanted to go. If this is not working like I want regarding pump I can anytime let the pump switch on with the +24V Signal and DCM. The only drawback is then that the pump is running also when the spindle is not turning.
    I believe you mean I could control it seperately from the VFD which is of course also somehow doable, but I am yet not that advanced so far. To me it would be sufficient just to operate this from the VFD.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by chefffe View Post
    I am not sure if we are talking about different things.
    I only operate the VFD with its own terminal. To be honest, I am a complete rookie with CNC and this is my first experience. I am pretty happy that everything works so far :), but having this feature would be the last step I wanted to go. If this is not working like I want regarding pump I can anytime let the pump switch on with the +24V Signal and DCM. The only drawback is then that the pump is running also when the spindle is not turning.
    I believe you mean I could control it seperately from the VFD which is of course also somehow doable, but I am yet not that advanced so far. To me it would be sufficient just to operate this from the VFD.
    Not difficult to do.

You could run a relay from your controller, activated on M8 (flood) or M7 (mist) G Code, that then enables the Coolant pump but then runs through another relay which is triggered by the Spindle Run command (For your spindle). I do the same for my CNC Lathe but dont care about spindle status.

Get yourself some 24V relays and drive the logic from your controller. What control option are you using?
    Last edited by Chaz; 10-05-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information