. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Further to last: The Chinese servo controllers (only ones I know) have 5V optical-isolated inputs for the step/dir control, with separately excited inputs for the other discrete inputs (so you can use 12/24 for e-stops, etc). But, and this is the big but - the spindle speed inputs are 5V and can be directly coupled to a BoB output.

Edit: I liked the performance so much I replaced the phase/vfd on my ML7 lathe with a 2kW servo and drove that in exactly the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Further to last: The Chinese servo controllers (only ones I know) have 5V optical-isolated inputs for the step/dir control, with separately excited inputs for the other discrete inputs (so you can use 12/24 for e-stops, etc). But, and this is the big but - the spindle speed inputs are 5V and can be directly coupled to a BoB output.

Edit: I liked the performance so much I replaced the phase/vfd on my ML7 lathe with a 2kW servo and drove that in exactly the same way.
    Mine has a DB44 socket, I have a cable and a DB44 screw terminal block. I was hoping to avoid using an axis control for it.
    It says that in speed mode it has a direction control on one of the DI ports, as in relay on is one direction, relay off is the other (apparently). Can drive this from pin 17. Then has the usual on/off which I have a seperate rocker switch for, + various others I'll likely not need in speed mode. Was hoping to use it this way, with the 0-10v servo input driven straight off the bob (board has it built in and I've tested it with a meter).
    The outputs I'll just daisy chain to the estop via relays until I update my controller + boards. Then with more inputs I can go straight into the bobs optocouplers and ditch all the relays.

Sounds basically about right doesn't it?.

Ah, I should have been more clear - the inputs I'm using for speed control are as above. Of course it has the usual analogue inputs as well (from memory, at least!). What you've said makes perfect sense - and is a perfectly do-able solution. It sounds like you just need to export a direction (CW/CCW) the PWM output (0-10) and the servo-enable signal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information