. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i was going off the setting of the YOC335 Peak 3.5a and RMS 1.8a so i thought the peak would be the same.
    i have had a look and there are no identifying information on the motors but in the info i received with the machine it say they are two phase 57/3 stepper motor. i presume that stands for series 57 and 3amp but the only info i can find says the revs are 600 for this motor, you might know better ?
    now switch seven makes sense

OK i have finally got round to wiring everything up and it seems to work other than the fact that the motor sounds very rough and missing steps.
    any ideas how to fix ?

Does the motor run OK when connected to one of the original drivers ?

without detailed information or boards to test
    I can't be 100 % sure but one diagram for the TB6560 I have
    shows the decay mode set to 100% not the 0% you posted

Another possible issue could be the acive high verses active low setting in mach3

without the circuit diagrams of the two boards I don't know if the step signal passes through to the TB6560 step pin unchanged or if it is being inverted

if the step pulse has been inverted the IC will see a very wide step pulse with a very narrow gap between pulses and as a result miss pulses
    try changing the step pulse to active low to see what effect it has

the TB6560 steps on the positive transition of the step pulse as it goes from 0V to +5V

John

john your a star
    i altered the decay mode to 100% and it made a vast improvement but it still wasn't right. i then went in to mach 3 and altered the active high verses active low setting and that worked a treat.
    i went back to the decay mode and tried all the different settings but the best was the 100% setting.
    i am busy with other stuff over the next day or two but as soon as i get a chance i will try it by cutting a job.
    will this have an effect on the distance travel or will that side of things remain the same.

thank you for your help so far

good to see your making progress

If I was correct in post 7 in calculating the number of micro steps as 8

"with a 200 step/rev motor
    the YOC335 pulse/rev = 1600 gives you 1600/200 micro steps = 8

so you need to set the TB6560 switches S3 & S4 to 8 (both to 1) "

setting the new drive to 8 microsteps should make distance the axis moves stay the same as before

John

yes i set the switches to 8 but i will check the travel distance before i do a test cut.
    i will get back to you and let you know how i get on

i have just gone to set the job up and zeroed everything and noticed the stepper motor is creeping while on standby. i run the cutting program anyway just to see how it performed and when cutting in slow areas like arcs or corners the motor is noisy as if missing steps

Quote Originally Posted by Jed Clampit View Post
    i have just gone to set the job up and zeroed everything and noticed the stepper motor is creeping while on standby. i run the cutting program anyway just to see how it performed and when cutting in slow areas like arcs or corners the motor is noisy as if missing steps
    I would check thee stepper motor connections at the bob to see if they are loose it could also be EMI does it move when the spindle is off. Which stepper is it all or just one?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

it is only on the axis that the new board operates and it only seems to do it when the spindle is running

Quote Originally Posted by Jed Clampit View Post
    it is only on the axis that the new board operates and it only seems to do it when the spindle is running
    Then that sounds like EMI
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information