. .

Thread: Hiwin nipples

My HGH20 carriages came with 45 degree nipples and now looking at the machine assembled I can't help but think that nice straight ones would be better - does anyone know of a UK source, or do I need to get Fred to ship some over??

From memory the HG20's have an M6x0.7 thread pitch...

You can buy nipples on all the major shopping sites, the problem is finding some with the right thread pitch...

How about some of these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc4-m6.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	25883

I ended up ordering in bulk from ali express to get the right ones, PC4-M6 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/50-p...38e34c4dR4zvqn) its the same problem there but if you send them a message and confirm fine thread they can sort you out with the right one.

Idea being to use tubing from each one to a manifold, you then feed the manifold with your oil instead, so its a one shot feed to supply them all at the same time. I think bull nuts have normal M6x1 thread so thats an easy one, you can add them into the lub system as well :)

Can send you some if you want to go that route, could even get really flash about it and hook up a solenoid on a timer or maybe coded so at every job start everything gets a quick "injection" and have it all automated...

Edit: These look nice: Auto Grease M5 M6 75 1mm Lubrication Brass oil Pipe Fitting 4mm Tube Compression

or if you just want the normal straight type then: M6 x 0.75mm Metric Male Stainless Steel Grease Zerk Nipple Fitting For Grease Gun
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 12-06-2019 at 10:40 PM.
    .Me

Many thanks for the suggestion Lee, I like the idea of those pneumatic connectors, very neat. I'll see if I can find some M4 threaded ones for the HGH15's on the Z axis where the existing nipples are veryhard of access at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    Many thanks for the suggestion Lee, I like the idea of those pneumatic connectors, very neat. I'll see if I can find some M4 threaded ones for the HGH15's on the Z axis where the existing nipples are veryhard of access at the moment.
    Np's is it fine thread on those as well? Also see this: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/12727...082#post109082
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 13-06-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    .Me

Nay, the Hiwin catalogue says normal M4 x 0.7 for the HGH15's. There seem to be one or two vendors that do a push fit adaptor with that thread thankfully - though whether they will fit is another matter. If not I'll just have to turn up a custom part I guess.

Thread Information