. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    I'm thinking of using these for homing sensors as they have a longer sensing range than the standard proximity sensors which I'm using for limits.Just wondering if anyone had experience of them and what the accuracy was like please.

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    I'm thinking of using these for homing sensors as they have a longer sensing range than the standard proximity sensors which I'm using for limits.Just wondering if anyone had experience of them and what the accuracy was like please.
    Duh Link???

I was just asking for general advice rather than for a specific device - but likely something like the NJK-5001C

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    I was just asking for general advice rather than for a specific device - but likely something like the NJK-5001C
    Hi Voicecoil
    I'm not sure if you checked your original post but you wrote "I'm thinking of using these for homing sensors" however "these" didn`t refer to anything, so a sensible reply would have been difficult. Maybe this was just a typo ?
    Cheers
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by the great waldo View Post
    Hi Voicecoil
    I'm not sure if you checked your original post but you wrote "I'm thinking of using these for homing sensors" however "these" didn`t refer to anything, so a sensible reply would have been difficult. Maybe this was just a typo ?
    Cheers
    Andrew
    "These" referred to the title of the thread.......

Ahh

Ok I got it.

Cheers
    Andrew

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...DWNnAf7sglZ7fP

Page 64

But I personally would stick to Inductive sensors.
    Last edited by cropwell; 20-06-2019 at 12:49 AM.

2 inductive sensors in series on each axis, one sensing the linear position and one sensing a rotating tab or chopper on the ball screw or stepper would give you accurate, repeatable homing.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    2 inductive sensors in series on each axis, one sensing the linear position and one sensing a rotating tab or chopper on the ball screw or stepper would give you accurate, repeatable homing.
    Having a rotating tab on the ballscrew is a good idea - essentially magnifies the resolution - I'll see if there's room to incorporate it.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I presume these would have to be the Normally Open types. I think it is over the top for woodwork, but probably OK for watchmaking.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information