. .
    Anyone got 2d cad drawings of sbr20 bearing block and supported rail ? Front view.
    All i find is 3d models. I dont do well in contemporary 3d, no time to learn at this particular time.

Redesigning laser cutter's wonky Y rail, need to at least get +-1mm positioning right, designing connecting plates for gantry/belt/bearing hub.

Quote Originally Posted by threedee View Post
    Anyone got 2d cad drawings of sbr20 bearing block and supported rail ? Front view.
    All i find is 3d models. I dont do well in contemporary 3d, no time to learn at this particular time.

Redesigning laser cutter's wonky Y rail, need to at least get +-1mm positioning right, designing connecting plates for gantry/belt/bearing hub.
    Try this

https://cnc4you.co.uk/resources/SBRxxUU.pdf

Page 2
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Already have that, its just raster pictures embedded into pdf, not the vector drawing that i'm looking for.
    Redone it myself.

They're all 3d models. I'm looking for 2d detail drawings.

Any decent CAD that will handle 3D will have a simple procedure to extract the edges from a solid as a wireframe and to project any selected geometry to a surface so getting 2D from 3D should be around 4 minutes work max. ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

This whole laser rebuilding excercise made me realise how far behind the times i am in terms of 3d. Used to be quite good at it at one point (3dsmax, first couple of versions). Now, using nanocad (as autocad is way too expensive) as it is the most accurate representation of autocad CLI, but still sucks compared to actual autocad.
    I dont do well in point'n'click interfaces, i strongly prefer command line interfaces.

I usually do the usual engineers 2d plane/section drawings, then if there is a need model it.

In this particular case i need to re-engineer whole Y motion without actual capability to measure physical box it has to fit in. Too tight, welded, measuring tools dont fit. So i resorted to drawing out as much as i can, laser cut metal parts in different thicknesses to make up a sandwitch that best fits the gap in the machine, then either recut proper thickness or weld the sandwitch together, etc, etc... Bit of a bodge, no way around it...

If i were to buy another chinese laser, i woundnt. I'd just build one from scratch. Easier that way... Whole "buying chinese laser" thing is an ongoing nightmare and money sink.

I also learned that UK consumer protection laws suck and i'd have been better buying over ebay for protection, than buying from local UK importer...

Sorry for the rant... bad day...

Thread Information